failed to qualify

Every day I like Amir even more. Looking forward to him getting here in december 

Some college athletes, particularly freshman, you worry about them posting on social media sites, because they may say something that would get themselves, or there teammates, or there school, into trouble.

I have no such worries about Amir, in that regard. He seems to have a very positive attitude, and that can only rub off on his teammates.

SJU61982 I worry far more about what our alleged fans write on message boards than I do about what our recruits write on social media sites.
Get my drift?

Every day I like Amir even more. Looking forward to him getting here in december 

Some college athletes, particularly freshman, you worry about them posting on social media sites, because they may say something that would get themselves, or there teammates, or there school, into trouble.

I have no such worries about Amir, in that regard. He seems to have a very positive attitude, and that can only rub off on his teammates.

SJU61982 I worry far more about what our alleged fans write on message boards than I do about what our recruits write on social media sites.
Get my drift?

I think, if you read that thread through, I've expressed the proper regret at some of the things I said on there.

I don't think I was hurting anybody, though. Dosen't justify it, but what comes from fans is a little different then what comes from players, IMO.

That was the first thing I was hit by. The staff was so sure they would get all 9 in. They took the news like a lamb........or at least that is the way it appears. I would have thought they would have put up some kind of fight. Then again, maybe they have been fighting with the clearing house for a while and the decision was made public yesterday.

Amir_Garrett amir garrett
Don't worry everyone they can't hold me down too long, you will see me in a Redstorm jersey come January, I promise!!!
8 hours ago

i know my team gone hold it down till we get there @NurideenLindsey @philgreene31 @SirDom1 @moe_harkless
7 hours ago

Don't worry everyone they can't hold me down too long, you will see me in a Redstorm jersey come January, I promise!!!
8 hours ago

i know my team gone hold it down till we get there @NurideenLindsey @philgreene31 @SirDom1 @moe_harkless
7 hours ago

All great to see and the eight players on the roster will get great pt and experience early on but we lack depth at the beginning of the season no matter how we look at it. I pray all three can play come December 19th otherwise we are in for a brutal season. I was one of those posters that believes experience is key so I never thought we would be very good this season but I don't wish to see us get our brains beat out as a result of lack of depth and/or injuries.

The last time I checked, Jefferson does not even include us as a school of interest,,,,,,,,,

The last time I checked, Jefferson does not even include us as a school of interest,,,,,,,,,

Once again, you can't read recruiting service lists to find that info. It's not up to date. And fwiw, SJU's recruits didn't fail to qualify. The NCAA failed to approve their Rise Academy classes. All 3 had qualifying criteria I'm told. The NCAA decided last minute not to accept their Rise Academy classes, even though they've accepted them for every athlete to attend classes there prior.

Wonder with the news of pelle does amile jefferson show more interest in us

It would be the news of Sampson more than Pelle, I think, since Jefferson is a PF.

But if you want Jefferson to begin with, first you need Kyle.

We not the only team. Braedon Anderson, a top prospect, has been declared a partial qualifier by the NCAA for the University of Kansas and will not be playing this year.

If Pelle doesn't show up (hope he does) then I would assume our interest would be on a big man. We still have 1 ship to give in 2012 and then their would be another open if Pelle decommitted meaning we could grab Jefferson but would also need someone like Joell James

We not the only team. Braedon Anderson, a top prospect, has been declared a partial qualifier by the NCAA for the University of Kansas and will not be playing this year.

What about former STJ recruit Jamari Traylor?

He was in limbo as well.

Wonder with the news of pelle does amile jefferson show more interest in us

It would be the news of Sampson more than Pelle, I think, since Jefferson is a PF.

But if you want Jefferson to begin with, first you need Kyle.

Would it surprise you if Lav gets both?

Not at all. In fact, when Kyle commits in a few days I expect Jefferson to come aboard pretty quickly.

I think the first statement from Sampson was the accurate one. The second one was damage control when someone used their head and realized that jumping ship immediately portrayed the kid in a bad light.

With this information having appeared on here, and confirmed by multiple other outlets, I herby formally ask the mods to remove my "infamous" thread from the other day.

It is pretty clear we were hosed, plain and simple. 

It's a real slippery slope........Our administration no doubt knows why the grades did not get them over the hump, but I
think they are between a rock and a hard place. They have to be careful not to violate privacy issues of the 3 men involved. I think eventually we will get some carefully laundered explaination as to why they did not qualify. Our spokesman seemed so certain all of them would be here. very odd.,,,,,, 

If what we've been reading is true, our spokesmen had every reason to be certain all would be here - likely they got an early heads up from the school that all three had PASSED all of their summer school classes, which is what was believed to be what was required. The situation is apparently no longer that the students didn't complete the requirments for acceptance, but that an arbitrary decision has been made by the clearinghouse not to accept those completed requirements.

This is all very "deja vu" for folks who have followed the Clearinghouse's dealings with Steve Lavin recruits since 1997 - McDonalds All Americans Schea Cotton in 97 and Evan Burns 5 years later. Completed all their requirements, actually enrolled in school, and the Cleariinghouse refused to accept portions of their quailfying transcripts - for Cotton it was an SAT test that he was (under a Dr's certification of a reading disorder) allowed extra time to complete his SAT test (fully accepted by the SAT administrators), and a Core english class in high school for Burns that was "questioned" by the clearinghouse, even tho they'd accepted the exact same course form the same school, same teacher for 11 other D-1 athletes over the previous 5 years.

In both cases, the Clearing house was proved wrong - AFTER the players had to elect to attend a different school. For Burns, the class was magically accepted after he re-entrolled at San Diego State to play for Steve Fisher (UCLA didn't accept partial qualifiers, so couldn't fund his scholarship - SDSU did).

In Coltton's case, it was proven in the courts that the Clearinghouse had no right to challenge the SAT result. But it took Schea and his family and a bevy of lawyers over 2 years (and a total of 3 universities) before he was allowed to play.

I often wonder, since the Cotton thing was finally completed well before Burns left high school, if Steve Lavin's support for the Cotton's lawsuit (I believe he testified for Schea in both the original case, and again in the two appleals filed by the NCAA after Schea won in court each time) didn't have something to do with the entire Burns situation and it's "magical" resolution.

Conspiracy theorist that I am (Grassy knoll, anyone?), I wonder if it doesn't have anything to do with THIS situation....

Back