failed to qualify

Any chance that Gathers could join us this season? I know its a long shot but I remember hearing rumors of it a few months ago. That would be huge for us

Any chance that Gathers could join us this season? I know its a long shot but I remember hearing rumors of it a few months ago. That would be huge for us

This thought was also brought up on JJ, but apparently that idea is no longer an option.

Just read Lenn Robbins article, funny how he makes everything sound dire. I really cant read his articles.  

Completely unfair rhetoric. He calls into question the integrity of Lav's recruits, heaps praise on Norm's, but fails to mention that Norm had the same problem with a few kids (Derwin Kitchen, Rob Thomas). I really hope the NY Post would get us a new beat writer.

Just read Lenn Robbins article, funny how he makes everything sound dire. I really cant read his articles.  

Completely unfair rhetoric. He calls into question the integrity of Lav's recruits, heaps praise on Norm's, but fails to mention that Norm had the same problem with a few kids (Derwin Kitchen, Rob Thomas). I really hope the NY Post would get us a new beat writer.

STJ obviously gave the heads up for the story to the News(Rubin) first and Lenny is PO'd.

Didn't like the "type of recruit" statement. If you are going to write this type of article first get your facts in order. To be honest, I was not the greatest HS student but turned it around at St. John's and have done pretty well.

If Sampson, Pelle and Garrett, all qualify in the spring I am sure that they too will excel and make sju and its fans very proud!!!!

WithTwitter and every other imaginable medium hemorrhaging information 24/7 it is astoundiing to me that none of us had a clue that any no less three of our players might wind up ineligible at the eleventh hour.

Now all that counts is what they have to do to get on the court in December and whether or not they are willing and able to do it.

This thought was also brought up on JJ, but apparently that idea is no longer an option.

Even if possible kind of tough now 3 plus weeks into the school year. Logistically can't really work out.

STJ obviously gave the heads up for the story to the News(Rubin) first and Lenny is PO'd.

Well I hope he gets crappy seats. Actually no let him keep his usual seats and when he passes my seats at halftime like he does I will casually stretch my legs :evil:

WithTwitter and every other imaginable medium hemorrhaging information 24/7 it is astoundiing to me that none of us had a clue that any no less three of our players might wind up ineligible at the eleventh hour.

Now all that counts is what they have to do to get on the court in December and whether or not they are willing and able to do it.

Everyone had an idea it probably wouldnt be 9 for 9. Rise scared me from the beginning and putting all 3 in the same place was a very dumb decision in my eyes. Its almost asking the NCAA to come pry. I know I didn't expect all 3 to get negged. Thats the shock value. I felt confident with Jakarr and Pelle in NY and not so much Amir. Go figure.

Will they actually be here for December or are we looking at Derwin Kitchen x 3? 

That's a question that probably can't be answered until December, danman.

One thing that's pretty obvious, is that these 3 guys, if they are eligable, will be starting behind the 8-ball when they come back (unless we're really losing), because the other guys will be more prepared for Big East play.

Will they actually be here for December or are we looking at Derwin Kitchen x 3? 

One thing that's pretty obvious, is that these 3 guys, if they are eligable, will be starting behind the 8-ball when they come back (unless we're really losing), because the other guys will be more prepared for Big East play.

None of the three were going to be starters but losing all that practice time is a bktch. 

None of the three were going to be starters but losing all that practice time is a bktch. 

I think Sampson had a very good chance to start this year, and Pelle could have helped with depth in the paint.

My main concern is injuries to others while these guys are out. We can't afford to lose anyone else, now.

I think Sampson had a very good chance to start this year, and Pelle could have helped with depth in the paint.

My main concern is injuries to others while these guys are out. We can't afford to lose anyone else, now.

Jakarr needed bulking up as did Pelle. Amir would have been 7 or 8th in the rotation. U R correct about injuries and wish you had not mentioned it! Expect a couple of additional walk-ons.

Does anyone have more info on these two depressing reports about JS (haven't figured out the search function on new board yet):

"Do not be surprised if JaKarr Sampson re-opens his recruitment and doesn't wind up at St. John's."

http://twitter.com/#!/GoodmanCBS/status/114463165890306048

"Per Don Anderson and @BrewsterHoops calling J. Sampson a done deal to Brewster is a bit premature. That said, he won't be at St. John's"

http://twitter.com/#!/BSnowScout/status/114463461785874432

------------------------
Still Bigger, Better, Stronger, Faster.................SJU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jakarr needed bulking up as did Pelle. Amir would have been 7 or 8th in the rotation. U R correct about injuries and wish you had not mentioned it! Expect a couple of additional walk-ons.

I wish I hadn't mentioned it either! I don't even want to think about the possibility, but it's kind of hard not to.

It's interesting that finally we have talented players and we have three ineligible players. Roberts' less talented kids had no trouble with eligibility or am I wrong.

It's interesting that finally we have talented players and we have three ineligible players. Roberts' less talented kids had no trouble with eligibility or am I wrong.

you r wrong and two of the best players he left Lav with were Jucos who did not qualify for 4 year schools. 

Fratto has told Zags that they will be on the court in December  

That's not what Mark said. Mark said they are exploring avenues that MAY make spring enrollment possible. It's a HUGE if.

Whose going to play the 5 now if God's Gift ever gets into foul trouble?? Harkless? HUGE weight on God's Gift's shoulders now.

Foul trouble! This will hamper our kids from playing any kind of aggressive game. They will be walking on egg shells. What a shame.

Back