(EXHIBITION) @Rutgers, Thu., Oct. 17, 6:30p, BTN

Zuby was awesome. Wilcher looked much better in 2nd half. Will really benefit playing alongside Richmond. Scott has a nice stroke and RJ moved great without the ball. Seemed more in control in the 2nd half. He too will benefit from Richmond. Smith played nice enough but would like to see more from him.

Negative side. Not sure what to say about Brady. Not there defensively and missed a couple of good looks. Was really hoping he was going to be a knockdown guy this year. And, I hate to say this, free throws. We got to the line a lot but what 64% I think I saw in the box. Have to do better than that.

Nice win against a quality opponent. I know Harper and Ace are freshman but these guys are likely to be high first round NBA picks. They are maybe more talented than a lot of guys we will see in big east play.

Now enough with this good energy. Time to watch the mets :(

I do, beast. Even if zuby were proven capable of being the 4, you would still need to think it worthy enough of playing him and Vince together because no one else is going to slide him down to the 4.
The alignments will be much different so don't think of it like that. Zuby will be facing the basket like a 4, on the perimeter more like a 4, shooting mid range like a 4, and putting ball on gloor like a 4. Defense may be different but at times zuby will be the best interior defender with Scott as his wingman

I do, beast. Even if zuby were proven capable of being the 4, you would still need to think it worthy enough of playing him and Vince together because no one else is going to slide him down to the 4.
Zuby was totally lost last year. Amazing development. I expect similar of Vince who is an athletic 7’1” kid and is he can get up to speed, we can move Zuby to the 4.

Plenty to work on. Exactly what you want out of an early season EXHIBITION. A win is fun but meaningless. We are still 0-0. Some guys have lots to work on. We have a lot of talent but it needs to continue to develop together. No one just throws guys together and gets perfect results. It will take time. Good first steps.

First, Rutgers two super freshmen are far from overhyped. They'd both be in the NBA today if they were allowed. They pretty much scored half of Rutgers points.

Even when we were getting killed, I thought we were playing well. Rutgers had to fight for every point and every rebound.

The end of the game was all about stones. I know it was an exhibition...but I feel like we won a tournament.

Tons to work on, but down 12 second half at the RAC, could have easily packed it in. 22-34 from the line not good. Zuby with a monster game, Scott with big 3s and defensive play of the game. Kadary deadly on the ISO’s. Luis making plays when it counts. Harper and Bailey are legit diaper dandies. Entertaining exhibition.

Zuby was awesome. Wilcher looked much better in 2nd half. Will really benefit playing alongside Richmond. Scott has a nice stroke and RJ moved great without the ball. Seemed more in control in the 2nd half. He too will benefit from Richmond. Smith played nice enough but would like to see more from him.

Negative side. Not sure what to say about Brady. Not there defensively and missed a couple of good looks. Was really hoping he was going to be a knockdown guy this year. And, I hate to say this, free throws. We got to the line a lot but what 64% I think I saw in the box. Have to do better than that.

Nice win against a quality opponent. I know Harper and Ace are freshman but these guys are likely to be high first round NBA picks. They are maybe more talented than a lot of guys we will see in big east play.

Now enough with this good energy. Time to watch the mets :(
Jayden Glover will supplant Dunlap. Love Dunlap but he can’t defend, isn’t real athletic, and if his shot isn’t automatic, his value isn’t near starter level. I truly think Glover is primed to step in there. Glover a nasty freshman.

Rick played majority experienced players today. Didn’t get a lot of Goover, Lefteris, Prey, etc. rightfully so. We got to run the experienced guys. Wait till the other guys get worked in more.

First, Rutgers two super freshmen are far from overhyped. They'd both be in the NBA today if they were allowed. They pretty much scored half of Rutgers points.

Even when we were getting killed, I thought we were playing well. Rutgers had to fight for every point and every rebound.

The end of the game was all about stones. I know it was an exhibition...but I feel like we won a tournament.
Agree totally. That felt like a post-season game, not an exhibition. Loved Rutgers freshmen. We played gritty and smart down the stretch to win.

The alignments will be much different so don't think of it like that. Zuby will be facing the basket like a 4, on the perimeter more like a 4, shooting mid range like a 4, and putting ball on gloor like a 4. Defense may be different but at times zuby will be the best interior defender with Scott as his wingman
Yes, but that’s doing it playing the 5, against 5s and that is always part of my thoughts on this.

Yes, but that’s doing it playing the 5, against 5s and that is always part of my thoughts on this.
If Zuby can drag the opposing teams 5 out to the perimeter, he’s athletic enough to beat them off the dribble and make a play or it opens up the whole paint for Kadary, Luis and Witcher to work.

That's a fair response. But he wont be a post player at all IMO. It's an important distinction. I think Zuby would have transferred if relegated to center. Any hope for an nba future is at the 4. He is also a pretty good passer and a much better perimeter shooter than given the chance for last season.

-Start saving up to retain Zuby…his motor doesn’t even make any sense

-That mid-post back down by Richmond will be one of the best plays in the country and the pass to the perimeter will be there all year

-Wilcher is exponentially better in space…great complement to Richmond and pretty shot…shaky handle

-Luis will gets tons of steals

-Smith seems to be in the dog house (or Pitino trying to motivate) but he’s the only one that can do the things he can do

-Defensive rebounding will be a problem…Richmond will have to carry extra weight there…Scott as well

-Vince looked awful

-Smith finds those corners so freaking well it will open up shooters and lead to easy baskets off the extra pass that won’t show up for home in the stat sheet

-Spacing and screening sucked

Couldn't watch to much was working watching the Yanks but turned it on for a minute or 2 a few times, we looked good towards the end.

Scott with that nice block.
Think it was Smith that got a steal.
and Kadary with a steal.

This is gonna be a fun season.

Back