(EXHIBITION) @Rutgers, Thu., Oct. 17, 6:30p, BTN

I’m on the same page as you re zuby, but if your implying that back door bounce pass that got poked wasn’t a nice little look then I disagree. He had some of those last year. And the good thing is, it’s the passing lane that will be available to the 5.
I don't think I want Zuby throwing 25 foot backdoor bounce passes in close games right now. Dunlap and Richmond...sure.
Let's see how it goes against lesser teams first. I'm conflicted because the lane will usually be open with him out there. I won't give him a red light...let's put it that way. I am prepared to give him a red light on any shot that he's not completely set for though.

Their weights are irrelevant compared to their style of play. I can’t see how Zuby is 235 anyway. He’s big and strong and not lacking in physical presence:

Forget the threes, Zuby has to get more reliable making the bunnies around the basket. He’s good at them but could be a bit more controlled, with too many misses and tip backs. He was a monster on the offensive glass which allowed him to get those back, but if he becomes automatic 15 ft and in, using glass etc, that’s where he will earn his keep.
I don’t like the comparison. If Sanogo had Zuby’s feet and athleticism he would have been a a lottery pick. Sanogo was a bruiser. Zuby is fast.

I don’t get the complaints about the announcers. I think they did a great job FOR THE BIG TEN NETWORK. Clearly their announcing was biased but was that not to be expected? Especially with all the hype surrounding Rutgers recruited class.
I thought the play by play guy was a B1G cheerleader. But, thought the analyst (former Rutgers player) was good.

A bad pass is still a bad pass. Just because it hits a defender's foot and is not a turnover doesn't make it a good decision. It's not the end of the world, but it is a teachable moment.

He's going to have his share of turnovers this year...I'm largely okay with that depending on the situation. If we are up by 10 in the first half, get a little frisky. My son threw a deep interception in his game last night on 4th down...that was the situation for it. He does that on 1st down inside our 20 and that's a different story ; )

I'll add...I always give big men extra room when they take care of their primary responsibilities. Zuby will always crash the glass...it's in his DNA. Marvin Clark on the other hand....
Yeah, that was one of those ill-advised passes that would have been brilliant if it got through ;)

He should be trying to develop all his offensive skills regardless of position. And it sure looks like his doing so.

Bam Adedayo is a 6’9 all star nba center. Built exactly like Zuby and is doing all those things people believe a “pf” should do.

NBA and college want 4 perimeter players on the court. Not just guys who can hit a wide open catch and shoot 3, but someone who can attack a close out. Or on the other end switch 2-4 defensively. It is a strength to be able to play the 5 at 6’9 and handle the paint duties while also being more of a threat offensively than a traditional center, it’s not a weakness.
You have really good insights. Thanks for sharing them. I think we all agree Zuby has a much higher trajectory than Soriano at his best, simply due to his athleticism.

I believe that Rick naming Zuby a co-captain is as much for what Rick wants Zuby to become as for what he is right now. Namely, it's a role for Zuby to grow into and assume, which is leadership and confidence on and off the court.

You have really good insights. Thanks for sharing them. I think we all agree Zuby has a much higher trajectory than Soriano at his best, simply due to his athleticism.

I believe that Rick naming Zuby a co-captain is as much for what Rick wants Zuby to become as for what he is right now. Namely, it's a role for Zuby to grow into and assume, which is leadership and confidence on and off the court.
What a revelation Zuby was. Aaron Scott nailed that "3" like Karaban. This could be similar to the yukon team that won it all while finishing 4th in the conference. Similar pieces. Sanogo, Karaban, Jackson, Newton, Hawkins.

What a revelation Zuby was. Aaron Scott nailed that "3" like Karaban. This could be similar to the yukon team that won it all while finishing 4th in the conference. Similar pieces. Sanogo, Karaban, Jackson, Newton, Hawkins.
We are really forcing comparisons now, huh?
That UConn team was a great shooting team.

UConn will always scare me until proven otherwise. A lot of highly touted prospects waiting on the bench. And probably the best coach of this new college era.

Back