EPL 2015-16

Chelsea - Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea, Chellll-seaa, Chelll-seaa

CAN'T WAIT. - Bart Scott voice

Awesome! Great to see all the love for Chelsea. Me, you, Andrew and Moses.

Keep the blue flag flying high.

Arsenal looks very dangerous if they can stay healthy.

And therein lies the problem. Every year we seem to lose 3-4 key players for several months (see Walcott, Wilshere, Ozil, Arteta, Koscielny, Giroud, Debuchy). A brittle team. I will say the squad is deeper than it has been for many years and we have a new fitness coach...

Giroud can be good but also misses many chances. Would like to see another striker but not sure Benzema is much better. Welbeck or Walcott might be useful against the right teams.

Anyway, great to see a lot of interest here and impressed by TIS and Corey Pavin's knowledge (I know, it is CPA Vin). Can't wait for Guinness77 to extol the virtues of Harry Kane and OhioFan to rave about B. Munich and the Bundesliga!! Looking forward to a fun season and watching soccer before breakfast on the weekends.

Kids were raised in Connecticut and began playing in the 80's.
English coaches had them watch the EPL games on public TV.
Liverpool was always the game of the week (McManaman and Robbie Fowler days) and that's been the family team ever since.
Huge opportunity missed 2 seasons ago.

I remember the Liverpool teams of the 1980's like it was yesterday. Dalglish, Rush, Hansen, Grobbelar, Whelan, Lawrenson, Souness, Molby... They won all before them and had some great battles with Everton, Man U and Arsenal. Of course, May 26 1989 is a date that will live forever in the minds of Gooners. ;)

So we have fans of Arsenal [Me and Moose?], 'Pool [Tom], Chelsea [CPAVin], Spurs [Guinness77], Everton [Sleek718], Man City [Sirvoo?].

Any others willing to swear allegiance? We need a Man U fan to torture. Moses T? Remi Moses played for Man U back in the day…

"i'm forever blowing bubbles..."

West Ham til I die...

West Ham gets booted from the Europa. Lose in aggregate to FC Astra. Pretty early for a BPL team to be eliminated in Europe.

My predictions:

Sat
Man Utd 3-1 Spurs
Bournemouth 1-1 Aston Villa
Everton 3 -1 Watford
Leicester 2-2 Sunderland
Norwich 0-1 C Palace
Chelsea 1-1 Swansea

Sun
Arsenal 3-1 West Ham
Newcastle 1-2 Southampton
Stoke 2-0 Liverpool

Mon
West Brom 1-2 Man City

My predictions:

Sat
Man Utd 3-1 Spurs
Everton 3 -1 Watford
Leicester 2-2 Sunderland
Norwich 0-1 C Palace
Chelsea 1-1 Swansea

Sun
Arsenal 3-1 West Ham
Stoke 2-0 Liverpool

Mon
West Brom 1-2 Man City

Would be absolutely shocked it Swansea manages a draw :lol: I would guess something like 4-0, 3-1

Arsenal looks very dangerous if they can stay healthy.

And therein lies the problem. Every year we seem to lose 3-4 key players for several months (see Walcott, Wilshere, Ozil, Arteta, Koscielny, Giroud, Debuchy). A brittle team. I will say the squad is deeper than it has been for many years and we have a new fitness coach...

Giroud can be good but also misses many chances. Would like to see another striker but not sure Benzema is much better. Welbeck or Walcott might be useful against the right teams.

Anyway, great to see a lot of interest here and impressed by TIS and Corey Pavin's knowledge (I know, it is CPA Vin). Can't wait for Guinness77 to extol the virtues of Harry Kane and OhioFan to rave about B. Munich and the Bundesliga!! Looking forward to a fun season and watching soccer before breakfast on the weekends.

Kids were raised in Connecticut and began playing in the 80's.
English coaches had them watch the EPL games on public TV.
Liverpool was always the game of the week (McManaman and Robbie Fowler days) and that's been the family team ever since.
Huge opportunity missed 2 seasons ago.

I remember the Liverpool teams of the 1980's like it was yesterday. Dalglish, Rush, Hansen, Grobbelar, Whelan, Lawrenson, Souness, Molby... They won all before them and had some great battles with Everton, Man U and Arsenal. Of course, May 26 1989 is a date that will live forever in the minds of Gooners. ;)

So we have fans of Arsenal [Me and Moose?], 'Pool [Tom], Chelsea [CPAVin], Spurs [Guinness77], Everton [Sleek718], Man City [Sirvoo?].

Any others willing to swear allegiance? We need a Man U fan to torture. Moses T? Remi Moses played for Man U back in the day…

"i'm forever blowing bubbles..."

West Ham til I die...

West Ham gets booted from the Europa. Lose in aggregate to FC Astra. Pretty early for a BPL team to be eliminated in Europe.

Painful to watch. Outplayed Astra both games, but puked back a 2-0 lead first game at home and weak goalkeeping killed us after a fast start today. We had almost no first-teamers in the lineup as Bilic was keeping his boys fresh for Sunday vs Arsenal. With red cards and injuries, we didn't have the horses to come back once we fell behind.

Shameful exit. I hope it's not a precursor to a long season.

too many red cards for west ham, losing their cool in "easy" matches

Very true. We'll find out quickly whether Bilic can pull this crew together to play at a reasonably high level.

I
My predictions:

Sat
Man Utd 3-1 Spurs
Everton 3 -1 Watford
Leicester 2-2 Sunderland
Norwich 0-1 C Palace
Chelsea 1-1 Swansea

Sun
Arsenal 3-1 West Ham
Stoke 2-0 Liverpool

Mon
West Brom 1-2 Man City

Would be absolutely shocked it Swansea manages a draw :lol: I would guess something like 4-0, 3-1

You ok?

Don't wanna overreact because it is a long season, but damn. Arsenal looked lifeless

+ Cech was horrible.

Agree that it was not a banner day for Arsenal, but a great day to be a Hammers fan! We were a little shaky through the first half, but solid enough after gaining the lead.

Don't wanna overreact because it is a long season, but damn. Arsenal looked lifeless

+ Cech was horrible.

True. Both goals could've been saved, especially the second one. Firestorm, didnt mean to take credit away from your team, they looked good today. Can't believe that one kid is 16 years old and also I can't believe they got Payet, he is a stud

I
My predictions:

Sat
Man Utd 3-1 Spurs
Everton 3 -1 Watford
Leicester 2-2 Sunderland
Norwich 0-1 C Palace
Chelsea 1-1 Swansea

Sun
Arsenal 3-1 West Ham
Stoke 2-0 Liverpool

Mon
West Brom 1-2 Man City

You ok?

Hahah thats the first thing i thought of when Courtois got his straight red. It's a long season but boy what a bad start..... At least it doesn't look like we have Arsenal to worry about

Back