EPL 2015-16

City and United will go down to the wire. I see a blue moon rising

United backline is a disaster and Rooney needs help up top. Plus with Degea about to leave United will be lucky to hold onto a top four spot. Love the Scheiderlin pickup. The guy is legit. Scweinsteiger will be lucky to play 20 BPL games. The guy is never healthy.

City also has trouble in the backline. Komapny had a bad year last year. Will he go back to being top CB in BPL or is he in downward slide? Be interesting to see Aguerro and Sterling together but a aging Toure and losing Milner will hurt. Milner had a great season last year and hasn't been replaced. City should break the bank and sign Debruyne.

Every team has some deficiencies. For me City have the absolute least. Chelsea to me won last year because of Mourinho. The guy is brilliant but if he lets up at all the team will have a letdown. Maybe the fear of Abramovic sacking him even after a double in 2014-15 will keep him sharp.

Arsenal looks very dangerous if they can stay healthy.

And therein lies the problem. Every year we seem to lose 3-4 key players for several months (see Walcott, Wilshere, Ozil, Arteta, Koscielny, Giroud, Debuchy). A brittle team. I will say the squad is deeper than it has been for many years and we have a new fitness coach...

Giroud can be good but also misses many chances. Would like to see another striker but not sure Benzema is much better. Welbeck or Walcott might be useful against the right teams.

Anyway, great to see a lot of interest here and impressed by TIS and Corey Pavin's knowledge (I know, it is CPA Vin). Can't wait for Guinness77 to extol the virtues of Harry Kane and OhioFan to rave about B. Munich and the Bundesliga!! Looking forward to a fun season and watching soccer before breakfast on the weekends.

Kids were raised in Connecticut and began playing in the 80's.
English coaches had them watch the EPL games on public TV.
Liverpool was always the game of the week (McManaman and Robbie Fowler days) and that's been the family team ever since.
Huge opportunity missed 2 seasons ago.

I remember the Liverpool teams of the 1980's like it was yesterday. Dalglish, Rush, Hansen, Grobbelar, Whelan, Lawrenson, Souness, Molby... They won all before them and had some great battles with Everton, Man U and Arsenal. Of course, May 26 1989 is a date that will live forever in the minds of Gooners. ;)

So we have fans of Arsenal [Me and Moose?], 'Pool [Tom], Chelsea [CPAVin], Spurs [Guinness77], Everton [Sleek718], Man City [Sirvoo?].

Any others willing to swear allegiance? We need a Man U fan to torture. Moses T? Remi Moses played for Man U back in the day…

And therein lies the problem. Every year we seem to lose 3-4 key players for several months (see Walcott, Wilshere, Ozil, Arteta, Koscielny, Giroud, Debuchy). A brittle team. I will say the squad is deeper than it has been for many years and we have a new fitness coach...

Giroud can be good but also misses many chances. Would like to see another striker but not sure Benzema is much better. Welbeck or Walcott might be useful against the right teams.

Anyway, great to see a lot of interest here and impressed by TIS and Corey Pavin's knowledge (I know, it is CPA Vin). Can't wait for Guinness77 to extol the virtues of Harry Kane and OhioFan to rave about B. Munich and the Bundesliga!! Looking forward to a fun season and watching soccer before breakfast on the weekends.

This is the second best time of the year. The first being the week between Christmas and New years. Spent boxing day last year at the Bridge. So much fun. Can't wait for the season to start.

By the way I heard that Wilshire sprained his ankle reading this post and will be out six weeks.

Yup, hairline fracture in the fibula. He is made of glass.

How did you like Stamford Bridge? Very cool that you got to go before they get a new stadium.

I was lucky enough to go to Highbury in 2005 before the move to the Emirates. Went to the Emirates in 2010 for the Barcelona CL game [2-1 win, RvP and Arshavin]. An electric atmosphere for that game but a very corporate type experience, nothing like the coziness of Highbury. Thanks for Cech, BTW :p

Liverpool was always the game of the week (McManaman and Robbie Fowler days) and that's been the family team ever since.

I remember the Liverpool teams of the 1980's like it was yesterday. Dalglish, Rush, Hansen, Grobbelar, Whelan, Lawrenson, Souness, Molby... They won all before them and had some great battles with Everton, Man U and Arsenal. Of course, May 26 1989 is a date that will live forever in the minds of Gooners. ;)

So we have fans of Arsenal [Me and Moose?], 'Pool [Tom], Chelsea [CPAVin], Spurs [Guinness77], Everton [Sleek718], Man City [Sirvoo?].

Any others willing to swear allegiance? We need a Man U fan to torture. Moses T? Remi Moses played for Man U back in the day…

I know there's a Hotspur fan on the board.
It's his avatar.

Arsenal still need a striker and not sold on their back line. Cech will be a huge addition for them and will keep them in the hunt.

Healthy Giroud takes care of the former.
Regarding the back 4, their right side is weak, I agree.

Ugh Giroud. Not enough firepower for the Gunners.

+1 and they're also linked with Benzema, Lacazette etc. Would not be surprised if they add another striker.

No Walcott love?

He just doesn't score enough and is injury prone. Besides he always has one foot out the door. I wouldn't rely on him if i were a Gunner's fan.

Also there are rumors of Ibra joining the BPL. Man U and Arsenal linked to the big man but i doubt it happens.

I gotta stick with chelsea .. dont they still have Victor Moses? :) I'll pretend to root for United though so feel free to torture me.

P.S did you hear ronaldo is coming back?! :lol:

This is the second best time of the year. The first being the week between Christmas and New years. Spent boxing day last year at the Bridge. So much fun. Can't wait for the season to start.

By the way I heard that Wilshire sprained his ankle reading this post and will be out six weeks.

Yup, hairline fracture in the fibula. He is made of glass.

How did you like Stamford Bridge? Very cool that you got to go before they get a new stadium.

I was lucky enough to go to Highbury in 2005 before the move to the Emirates. Went to the Emirates in 2010 for the Barcelona CL game [2-1 win, RvP and Arshavin]. An electric atmosphere for that game but a very corporate type experience, nothing like the coziness of Highbury. Thanks for Cech, BTW :p

It was awesome to see a game at the Bridge. We went boxing day and flew in that morning. It was a rush from the airport to the stadium. Luckily the hotel we stayed at is on the stadium grounds. Dropped off the luggage and walked into the game. By the way I was suppose to go to Chelsea/Spurs on new years but had to get back early. Thank God I missed that debacle.

Its too bad that Wilshire always gets hurt. I really like the way the kid plays.

By the way you are not welcome for Cech and I will refuse to shake your hand if we ever meet. Mourinho would be proud of me

After a brief summer hiatus the action resumes this Sat morning with Spurs going to Man U and expect a home win. Man U have been busy spending money left and right to the point the players probably need name tags. No more Falcao, RvP, Di Maria or Nani. In with Bastian Schweinsteiger (greatest name evah), Schneiderlin and Memphis TN Williams.

My man Wenger has been quiet but the one signing (Petr Cech) could be the difference. Ox has looked good pre-season and if Herr Ozil gives 10% of the effort put forth by Alexis Sanchez, we will be in good shape.

Expect Man City and Chelsea to be thereabouts in May and also to open the checkbook again between now and the transfer deadline. Be interesting to see how Liverpool gel and how Sterling does at City. Surprised Chelsea took on Falcao and if Costa's hamstrings act up, the Blues are in trouble.

New teams this year: Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford. I hope all three stay up and Tottenham, Spurs and the team that plays at White Hart Lane get relegated. That's me being neutral.

hey is there a website that shows when games are being played in south american countries ? I've want to see if there are any games when we are in La Paz in a few weeks but not sure where to look

Do you mean BPL teams or a local bolivian team?

BPL fixtures:http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/...mClubId=ALL&paramComp_8=true&view=.dateSeason
any games that would be in la paz. thx

"i'm forever blowing bubbles..."

West Ham til I die...

Fulham, sadly. Interned there in '99 and been a die-hard supporter ever since. Been a bad couple of years.

Why would Spurs get relegated? I know you guys know your crap, but that just...sounds...stupid.

All in good fun. I actually hope that the Spurs can grab that 4th spot and keep United out of Champions league. As always Spurs and Liverpool will be right there fighting for a CL spot. Should be a great season. Spurs at United is a great way to kick off the new season.

Why would Spurs get relegated? I know you guys know your crap, but that just...sounds...stupid.

All in good fun. I actually hope that the Spurs can grab that 4th spot and keep United out of Champions league. As always Spurs and Liverpool will be right there fighting for a CL spot. Should be a great season. Spurs at United is a great way to kick off the new season.

Should be a fun battle for the top 4. Can't wait til Saturday!

Also - i don't think anyone was seriously saying the Spurs will get relegated.. esp with Hurri-Kane!

Fulham, sadly. Interned there in '99 and been a die-hard supporter ever since. Been a bad couple of years.

My team Olympiakos fleeced you guys 2 years ago. Think Fulham paid 17 million bucks for Mitroglou and he maybe played 2 games before returning to Greece on loan. Probably what cemented their relegation

My team Olympiakos fleeced you guys 2 years ago. Think Fulham paid 17 million bucks for Mitroglou and he maybe played 2 games before returning to Greece on loan. Probably what cemented their relegation

Losing Dempsey and Berbatov might have also contributed to relegation.

Honestly. I'd rather play MU the first week of the season at OT than midseason. They haven't started off very strong the last few years, and they have new, key, pieces that, hopefully, have yet to gel. I cannot stand that Schweinsteiger is a red. Another German player I can't root for at club level.

spend 15 minutes watching this to reaffirm what we already know. There is only 1 greatest of all time. And he plays every Saturday or Sunday on bein sport. What a god damn marvel and privilege it is to see this player

Back