EPL 2015-16

Yes but it is already determined for next year. you wouldn't have teams fighting for the 4th spot in England only to hear that it means you are in Europa league. The coefficient will rise or fall after this tournament and have an effect on the team allocation for 2017-18

Yes but it is already determined for next year. you wouldn't have teams fighting for the 4th spot in England only to hear that it means you are in Europa league. The coefficient will rise or fall after this tournament and have an effect on the team allocation for 2017-18

Thats what I thought. Next year is ok its the year after.

Pep beating Juventus today secured the 4th spot for EPL for 2017/18 season.

The Premier League will keep four Champions League places for the 2017-18 season following the elimination of Juventus from the competition.

Italy had been hoping to move above England into third in UEFA's coefficient ranking this season, thus claiming a Champions League berth at England's expense.

But Juve's exit at the hands of Bayern Munich leaves Serie A with just one club in European competition. Lazio can add a maximum of 2.5 coefficient points to Italy's score by winning the Europa League, but England is 3.97 points in front -- an unassailable lead.

Chelsea readying a $40 million offer for Kostas Manolas (formerly of Olympiakos). I can tell you with confidence he is one of the very best in the world, if not THE best. Pairing him with a healthy Zouma will give Chelsea the best central defense in the league once again

Chelsea readying a $40 million offer for Kostas Manolas (formerly of Olympiakos). I can tell you with confidence he is one of the very best in the world, if not THE best. Pairing him with a healthy Zouma will give Chelsea the best central defense in the league once again

Why would anyone sign for a club without knowing who will be in charge?

I think it's presumed the next manager will be Conte the Italy manager. But I get your point and also would hold out if I were Manolas for a potential move to the Camp Nou. He's that good IMO. But Roma probably don't mind offloading him now for that price considering they paid 15 million for him 20 months ago.

I think it's presumed the next manager will be Conte the Italy manager. But I get your point and also would hold out if I were Manolas for a potential move to the Camp Nou. He's that good IMO. But Roma probably don't mind offloading him now for that price considering they paid 15 million for him 20 months ago.

Conte going 3 man backline at the Bridge?

I don't follow football as much as you guys but when you say best in the world, you mean like Messi good?

I don't follow football as much as you guys but when you say best in the world, you mean like Messi good?

This particular player plays defense and isn't a scorer or in the press as much as Messi or Ronaldo. I can't say I've seen him enough to make that statement at Sirvoo did but backline players dont get the press the others get.

This particular player plays defense and isn't a scorer or in the press as much as Messi or Ronaldo. I can't say I've seen him enough to make that statement at Sirvoo did but backline players dont get the press the others get.

I understand the importance of a good defender but do they have the same impact as a scoring forward or mid-fielder?

Conte going 3 man backline at the Bridge?

No chance. He already said he isn't married to a back three. I believe he said he wants to play a traditional 4-3-3.

Conte really wants Bonucci to lead the backline. There will be lots of changes at the Bridge next season. With no European football it'll be tough to attract/retain the top players.

Oh no strictly centre-backs! He is right up there with Thiago Silva, Godin, Varane, Laporte IMO

Good game, Arsenal will be the happier of the two. Not sure how Dier did not see red? Leicester march on...

Gutsy draw by the Gunners. Down a goal and a man. Might have saved their season.

Good day for Leicester. The West Ham/Everton game was a crazy one. Everton sure give up a lot of goals.

Indeed. Every match is huge right now. Hats off to Leicester. They're earning this title.

Hammers down 2-0 with just over 10 to play; sniped three in closing minutes. Wild.

Chelsea and West Ham in a good old fashion London derby tied 1-1 at HT. Big game for both teams. I haven't given up on a Europa spot yet.

Re: whether or not a good CB is as important as a CM or striker (not adding to that conglomerate of crap otherwise known as multi-reply):

You can just look at the EPL as a direct answer to your question. When Man United had Vidic and Ferdinand playing in the middle, they were top of of the table, players in the Champions League every season. When Terry and Cahill were in the their prime, playing in the middle for Chelsea, you can say the same about them. Look at Spurs with the a addition of Alderweirld who rejuvenated Vertonghen's career and has helped out Wimmer immensely. The addition of Huth to Leicester's back 4 has been vital to their success.

I think Leicester more than anything shows how important your back 4 are in the EPL, more than any other league, IMO. You need to play tough, but smart, and I think height certainly helps too. I think Alderweirld has been Spurs most vital player this year...more than Kane, Alli or Eriksen (who's incredibly underrated). What position does Toby play? Center back.

Look at the problems teams I mentioned before have right now. Even deterioration because of decline and age (Chelsea) and, simply, because of a lack of depth (Man U). Hell, look at City. Demichalis is way past his prime and Kompany (their most important player, IMO) has been knicked up all season. No coincidence there at all.

I guess this was my long winded way of saying, yes, CB is just as important as a proper center mid of an in-form striker. All the teams I play against in my over-30 league, one of the better players is always in the back, in the center. Your often marking their best guy (LB is important there too), your the voice and eyes of the team, you're leading the breakout and you need pace. Takes a lot of skill to have all those qualities and to be good at them.

Late edit: I would also add that a central holding middie is just as important. I think Dembele's resurgence is just as important to Spurs success. Dier's been immense. If you can boss the middle of the pitch, you're going to have success more often than not.

Great points made. And to add on what you said about Dier, I believe he is Spurs' MVP. The way he retains the ball is invaluable and certainly his on-ball acumen has improved immensely. I'd put him right in the center of the pitch for Euro 2016. Bench Henderson and start Dier. Kid is a stud

Play resumes this weekend after the International break. Two horse race. Can Leicester hold their nerve or will Spurs go on a tear and catch up? They have a 5 point lease with 7 games left.

Foxes would seem to have an easier run-in:
Shampton, @ Sund, Wham, Swans, @ ManU, Everton, @ Chels

Spurs:
@ Pool, Man U, @ Stoke, W Brom, @ Chels, Shamton, @ Newc

Should be an exciting run-in.

Play resumes this weekend after the International break. Two horse race. Can Leicester hold their nerve or will Spurs go on a tear and catch up? They have a 5 point lease with 7 games left.

Foxes would seem to have an easier run-in:
Shampton, @ Sund, Wham, Swans, @ ManU, Everton, @ Chels

Spurs:
@ Pool, Man U, @ Stoke, W Brom, @ Chels, Shamton, @ Newc

Should be an exciting run-in.

I get a feeling it comes down to the last game of the year with Spurs one point back of Leicester. What are the odds that Chelsea trots out the Academy team to ensure that Spurs don't win the EPL.

If West Ham have any thoughts of top four finish they have to do much better than 2-2 at home to CP.

Back