(Charleston Classic) Dayton, Fri., Nov. 17, 2p, ESPN2

If the defense can stay close to what it was and the offense can take any kind of step forward we’ve got a decent chance. Don’t think we can beat them with the anemic kind of offensive performance we saw yesterday. They’ll score more than 52 points on us. Just need to keep up the tough D and hopefully we have a few less turnovers and a few more made 3’s. Just get a win by any means.

Is there a mid-major that travels better than Dayton btw? I feel like I’ve been hearing about how their fans travel so well for the past decade.

Dayton fans have taken over this town. Spoke to a few about it at the hotel last night and they have a large (and continuing) group of fans who have embraced November as a vacation month, and that the MTEs fight over them for invites. He mentioned they will be in Maui next year.

Dayton fans have taken over this town. Spoke to a few about it at the hotel last night and they have a large (and continuing) group of fans who have embraced November as a vacation month, and that the MTEs fight over them for invites. He mentioned they will be in Maui next year.
I don’t think that those of you watching the games on TV and those who left the arena after the Johnny game understand the impact the Dayton crowd will have on this game. Dayton was dead in the water yesterday when their raucous crowd ( which seemed like a Dayton home game) got revved up and willed that team to a victory. That with the struggles the Johnnies have had offensively, I just see this as a game we may not come out on top.

To win, the defense will have to be stellar, Ledlum must and should have a good game against a smaller line up, Dingle needs to come out of his funk and our team will have to deal with an overwhelming fan presence. Of corse others like Soriano will need more then 2 first half points but this game will be a major challenge.

I don’t think that those of you watching the games on TV and those who left the arena after the Johnny game understand the impact the Dayton crowd will have on this game. Dayton was dead in the water yesterday when their raucous crowd ( which seemed like a Dayton home game) got revved up and willed that team to a victory. That with the struggles the Johnnies have had offensively, I just see this as a game we may not come out on top.

To win, the defense will have to be stellar, Ledlum must and should have a good game against a smaller line up, Dingle needs to come out of his funk and our team will have to deal with an overwhelming fan presence. Of corse others like Soriano will need more then 2 first half points but this game will be a major challenge.
I agree on the crowd and was rooting hard for LSU based on that factor. But that’s that.

If the defense can stay close to what it was and the offense can take any kind of step forward we’ve got a decent chance. Don’t think we can beat them with the anemic kind of offensive performance we saw yesterday. They’ll score more than 52 points on us. Just need to keep up the tough D and hopefully we have a few less turnovers and a few more made 3’s. Just get a win by any means.

Is there a mid-major that travels better than Dayton btw? I feel like I’ve been hearing about how their fans travel so well for the past decade.
I’ve been following college hoops for over 50 years. Have traveled to arenas and tourneys etc. but never saw anything like Dayton’s fan presence. Heck our hotel is filled with Dayton fans. And without exaggeration many are in their 80s of older. 😳

Last edited:
Another thing. No matter how the Johnnies play, they will never take the Dayton crowd out of the game. When Dayton was down 14 late in the second half and the game seemed over, the Dayton fans came to life and the arena was louder than I’ve heard an arena in a long time. Hope the Johnny contingent can make their presence known.

Another thing. No matter how the Johnnies play, they will never take the Dayton crowd out of the game. When Dayton was down 14 late in the second half and the game seemed over, the Dayton fans came to life and the arena was louder than I’ve heard an arena in a long time. Hope the Johnny contingent can make their presence known.
Curious. Are you being funneled money through a third party shell company started by Bamafan?

You have been rather effusive in you praise of Dayton fans.

I never bother those other 25 posters because you can tell they are genuine fans of the program who want to see the team succeed

You are message board troll on steroids. Pathetic
Just for record
Relative played for Louie(well sat the bench). Went to my first game as a kid to go see Mullin and fell in love with David Russell and ST John’s.

The posters on my wall as a kid were Darryl & Doc, Mullin, Heather Thomas and Christy Brinkley. That stupid question what 3 people would you like to have dinner with, for me would be Walter Berry, Dua Lipa and Tessa Thompson
Love ST John’s basketball, unfortunately for the majority of my adult years the team has sucked.

Even with that, never bad mouthed Jarvis because his teams for most part brought me enjoyment. Mostly left Lavin alone. Couldn’t possibly bring myself to criticize Chris Mullin unlike most on here. And no matter what happens won’t catch me criticizing Pitino.

Most of my posts are only half serious and do it to laugh because otherwise….

Back