Charleston Classic (11/16-17 & 19) Ticket Pre-Sale info

If anyone is around Wednesday night, we’ll be heading to Henry’s on the market. The Tux,Truckie and Spike will be there

What yoje you guys going ? I’m going to meet client Wednesday but might end early evening

Hey guys,

Wish I could be there, but just couldn't swing it. Do have tickets for BC game in Brooklyn and planning on Creighton game in MSG.
We have spent several vacations in Charleston area since we moved to NC. Below are links to 3 of our favorite restaurants in case anyone is looking for a place.
Rue de Jean is a French place with great Saturday/Sunday brunches which might fit into our game schedules.
Magnolias is my wife's favorite - real Charleston vibe and not that expensive for what you get but definitely need reservations.
L.I. Cafe is my favorite but it is out in Isle of Palms about 25 minutes from downtown Charleston - despite the name, reminds me of a combo of New England seafood place with southern flair - we eat there every chance we get.
Thanks NCJohnnie for the recommendation on Isle of Palms. I will be staying there at Wild Dunes. Will definitely check out L.I. Cafe.

Thanks NCJohnnie for the recommendation on Isle of Palms. I will be staying there at Wild Dunes. Will definitely check out L.I. Cafe.
Gabelmc,

It's right over the Isle of Palms bridge. It's in a little strip mall next to the Harris Teeter supermarket, but don't be put off by the location. My family has vacationed in Wild Dunes 5 or 6 times since we moved here in 2011 and have probably eaten in LIC a dozen times. The lightly breaded east coast oysters and/or New Bedford scallops are wonderful as is the grouper and they serve a great filet mignon all with fresh vegetables. Pretty sure you'll be happy eating there.

Regarding St. John's Saturday night event at 530pm :

I spoke to the athletic department about the sold out status. The venue maximum they could hold for the event is 120 people. I am pretty sure st. john's will be checking registered guests in, and likely issuing wrist bands to a reserved area. There will therefore be no opportunity to register at the event as they usually allow.

Being that SJU will be serving beverages and food and it is a free event at the school's expense, that's pretty generous of them to foot the bill. If you are not already a member, consider a Red White membership even if you are a remote fan. Red White supports all SJU athletics and is the major fund raising arm of the athletic department. A small membership would help defray the cost of the event. Not mandatory by any means, and no charge events to large away events (like the NCAA's) are typical of SJU to provide, to gather alums and fans and thank them for their support travelling to the event.

Looks like I will have two tickets for our game Friday if anyone is interested

Just for the record, I have no issue with Halls as I have never eaten there. That will include next week as they had no tables available for any times I had interest in.
My apologies to you . Inadvertently I replied to your post instead of johnsilva on his Hall’s comments .

Yes , sorry about the booked up night you wanted to attend . Maybe the Bar would be a alternative but , Dining room is always preferable . Or , ask them to contact you if they have a cancellation . It’s a popular place for locals too and always busy as a result .

Maybe that works ? In any event , enjoy the games , Charleston itself and hope for Johnnies to win the Championship .

Just for the record, I have no issue with Halls as I have never eaten there. That will include next week as they had no tables available for any times I had interest in.
what restaurants you going to hit next week ?

My apologies to you . Inadvertently I replied to your post instead of johnsilva on his Hall’s comments .

Yes , sorry about the booked up night you wanted to attend . Maybe the Bar would be a alternative but , Dining room is always preferable . Or , ask them to contact you if they have a cancellation . It’s a popular place for locals too and always busy as a result .

Maybe that works ? In any event , enjoy the games , Charleston itself and hope for Johnnies to win the Championship .
I’m going to monitor things down there. For popular places getting lucky close to when you want to eat after a cancellation can be the only way to get a table.

I’m going to monitor things down there. For popular places getting lucky close to when you want to eat after a cancellation can be the only way to get a table.
Or just you can always eat at the bar. Nat and I do that almost exclusively at home and most places when we travel. Heck I've gotten new clients meeting them at restaurants over the years

Asking Charleston residents/experts...I'm staying out in Shem Creek. Any good bar/restaurant recommendations there?

Thanks

Unfortunately plans have changed and can’t make the Charleston Classic.
I have two tickets for All Session, Lower Baseline Chairback.
Available for face value of $175 each If anyone is interested.

Back