Charleston Classic (11/16-17 & 19) Ticket Pre-Sale info

UCONN would never be invited to a Tournament in Charleston . Their Fans behavior or misbehavior is widely known.
Also , just for info , this is the South , many people are armed and legally can carry Concealed .

Although not permitted to carry concealed at Sporting Events or Places that serve Alcohol .

Never understood the appeal of steakhouses. Doesn't everyone have a great butcher, sous vide and 1000 degree sear plate on their grill? ;)
Agree for the most part. I'm a dyed in the wool steak lover who grills either a NY strip, filet or loin lamp chops on my Green Egg nearly every Saturday but I rarely order steak in a restaurant. That being said, there's something about the atmosphere of a vintage, old fashioned steakhouse that is good for the soul every once in a while. One of my former favorites was Keans in NYC near Penn; you have to experience their classic Mutton Chop at least once.

Agree for the most part. I'm a dyed in the wool steak lover who grills either a NY strip, filet or loin lamp chops on my Green Egg nearly every Saturday but I rarely order steak in a restaurant. That being said, there's something about the atmosphere of a vintage, old fashioned steakhouse that is good for the soul every once in a while. One of my former favorites was Keans in NYC near Penn; you have to experience their classic Mutton Chop at least once.

I’ll go to keans with you sometime you get the mutton I’ll get yhe garlic mashed potatoes

ONE HUNDRED and SIXTEEN

That's Right we are up to 116 St. John's fans that will watch our Johnnies in person in Charleston.

Let's
make some noise at the games.

Let them know we are there.

If you are planning to come and your name is not on the list, then please post a reply.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

otis + his CPA
MJMaher + Mrs. MJ
JSJ + Mrs.
MJDinkins
RedstormNC + Mrs.
Redstormrising
Ejoyce
Panther + Mrs. Panther
Beast +Mrs.
Fansince65 + Mrs. '65
Villegeredman + Mrs.
SJUNC + Mrs.
Johnsilva
capmaker + Mrs.
Redzing + 3
AlumniHall
Rocket
Zeeman + Mrs.
bucketshardy
JMS9023
Roxy
Queenstocali
The Tux
Truckie
Spike
Gabelmc + 2 sons
IDRAFT +Mrs.
rlogazino
tnice + Mrs. tnice
Doctor58 plus 19 family members spanning 4 generations.
mc1981 + Mrs.
Anthony Mattia
matmi03
jcogg
jimredd517 plus 7
Carmineabbatiell + Mrs
Joedib + 21 family members and friends
JimMc5280m+ Mrs.
Redzing1969
Carneybt
Dr. Z
Traczok + Mrs.
Hank Morris
Glen Damashek
redfan259761 + Mrs.
NYCRedmen + Mrs.
Stew15
RedArmy
RikersRed
SJUDave + Microphone

Maybes ……
mm52
SJUNC son of

THURSDAY EVENT
Thursday meetup for fans wanting to grab a post-game (starting around 3:30 and 4) at Burns Alley Tavern which is close to the Arena.

FRIDAY MEET-UP GATHRERING

SATURDAY St.JOHN'S SPONSORED PEP RALLY (need tix)
a special Red Storm Rally will take place on November 18th – this promises to be a wonderful opportunity to connect with fellow Johnnies! St. John's will meet at the Uptown Social from 5:30-7:30 p.m. It will include beer, wine, water, soda and food.

SUNDAY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME 8:30 PM

SUNDAY CHAMPIONSHIP CELEBRATION AFTER GAME
Next St. John's Game Saturday November 25th @ Carnesecca against The College of the Holy Cross.

Keen’s is a landmark ! Every time I went there , I wondered how i could get one of those Pipes . As a momento. Not steal it !

Maybe borrow ?

Hall's Chophouse is where I made reservations for Thurs night... For Friday, went with some Italian place called Vincent Checco's. Sunday will figure out depending on game time.
Unless I am wrong , I think you and your Party will enjoy Hall’s . Shorts are more acceptable than Jeans here . Too hot for Jeans anyway during the day .

I don’t live in Charleston but , when I do I try and go to Hall’s . I wish I were able to go to the Tourney but , I’m not able to .

I’ll watch on TV .

When you get your Bill for Dinner at Hall’s , you will think you are back in NY . They aren’t giving the food and drink away . But , it’s worth it .

You may even see RP and Staff eating here one night ?

And , if there are more than 2 of you at the Table , your server will ask “ Separate Checks ?”

It’s because of all the Retirees down here .

Another great place, if you have a car, is on Sullivan’s Island. Not far from Mt. Pleasant, it is a summer beach destination with great bars and restaurants. We went to Poe’s Tavern, a highly rated Sly Fox type of place (for you people that remember the Fox 🦊)

I have been to Hall's a few times, definitely recommend but pricey.
Not a halls fan, last time I went tasted like the cooked my steak in canola oil. I think the oak is better. Ruth’s Chris is always safe. There is a new Brazillian place that is supposed to be good,

Galpao Gaucho Brazilian Steakhouse​

Not a halls fan, last time I went tasted like the cooked my steak in canola oil. I think the oak is better. Ruth’s Chris is always safe. There is a new Brazillian place that is supposed to be good,

Galpao Gaucho Brazilian Steakhouse​

Halls also seems booked most nights. Saw this place too, looks interesting.

Halls also seems booked most nights. Saw this place too, looks interesting.
First time I heard anyone complain about Hall’s but , sometimes stuff happens .

If you didn’t complain you might have fared better if you had and Management offer you a alternative or no charge for your meal ? I think it’s the kind of place that would listen to their customers dissatisfaction .

First time I heard anyone complain about Hall’s but , sometimes stuff happens .

If you didn’t complain you might have fared better if you had and Management offer you a alternative or no charge for your meal ? I think it’s the kind of place that would listen to their customers dissatisfaction .
Just for the record, I have no issue with Halls as I have never eaten there. That will include next week as they had no tables available for any times I had interest in.

Hey guys,

Wish I could be there, but just couldn't swing it. Do have tickets for BC game in Brooklyn and planning on Creighton game in MSG.
We have spent several vacations in Charleston area since we moved to NC. Below are links to 3 of our favorite restaurants in case anyone is looking for a place.
Rue de Jean is a French place with great Saturday/Sunday brunches which might fit into our game schedules.
Magnolias is my wife's favorite - real Charleston vibe and not that expensive for what you get but definitely need reservations.
L.I. Cafe is my favorite but it is out in Isle of Palms about 25 minutes from downtown Charleston - despite the name, reminds me of a combo of New England seafood place with southern flair - we eat there every chance we get.

Back