Champions League 2015-16

Looking forward to Arsenal vs Barcelona. Hope that Arsenal can keep Barca at two goals or less to keep the tie alive going back to Barcelona. Arsenal need a big game from Sanchez.

Looking forward to Arsenal vs Barcelona. Hope that Arsenal can keep Barca at two goals or less to keep the tie alive going back to Barcelona. Arsenal need a big game from Sanchez.

Arsenal need a big game from everyone. Sanchez has been poor lately but maybe he can step it up against his old team.

With all the talk about Suarez, Messi and Neymar, I would not be surprised if they get a goal from a corner headed in by Pique, a deflected shot by Busquets or an o.g. by Koscielny...

Still Barca can be beaten. I was at the Emirates when RvP and Arshavin did the business in 2011.

Should be good entertainment, no matter the outcome.

The red card against RVP in the return leg was a horrendous call and killed that tie. I really thought the Gunners were going to find a way to advance.

Good first half for the Gunners. I wonder how Wenger feels about only having 28% possession in the half. If the Gunners get a early goal does he pull a Mourinho and park the bus?

Love pretending to do work while watching these games. I expect the flood gates to open in this half 3-4 goals

How about Juventus storming back. That one looked like it was all over. Still never good to give up two away goals.

Love pretending to do work while watching these games. I expect the flood gates to open in this half 3-4 goals

Arsenal are going to win 1-0. Sanchez in the 88th minute.

FCB in the Messi-era are the best team in the history of sports. I never doubt them. You can mix up high pressure with sitting back like Wenger did.. It was a clever tactic but if you don't have the players it will show through in the end.

Arsenal are going to win 1-0. Sanchez in the 88th minute.

FCB in the Messi-era are the best team in the history of sports. I never doubt them. You can mix up high pressure with sitting back like Wenger did.. It was a clever tactic but if you don't have the players it will show through in the end.

I think I might have jinxed the Gunners. Oh darn. The Barcelona trio of Messi, Neymar and Suarez is the best group of forwards ever. Can't see anyone beating Barcelona.

I have not had a chance to watch it yet but it sounds Arsenal played fairly well for 70 mins but caught up the pitch on the first goal when MSN broke at speed and Mert left Flamini short for the second, hence the penalty. Apparently Ox should have scored in the first half?

No shame in losing to Barca and a win vs Man U on Sunday will help ease the pain.

I have not had a chance to watch it yet but it sounds Arsenal played fairly well for 70 mins but caught up the pitch on the first goal when MSN broke at speed and Mert left Flamini short for the second, hence the penalty. Apparently Ox should have scored in the first half?

No shame in losing to Barca and a win vs Man U on Sunday will help ease the pain.

Pretty good effort against barca to be fair. Just cant keep up with them for the full 90 with that style of play but nonetheless, nothing to scoff at

The keeper was grounded on his side and Ox had the ball teed up from about 6 feet away. Somehow he managed to shoot the ball right at him. it was the definition of a sitter

Oxe did have a chance in the 1st but at least it was on target. My whipping boy Ramsey had 3 golden opportunities and couldn't even shoot it on target. The one where we was begging for a back heel from Sanchez in the 1st when Sanchez had a shot at the net he soared over the goal and into the stands.

Please sell Ramsey for the love of god. Buy Xhaka

Oxe did have a chance in the 1st but at least it was on target. My whipping boy Ramsey had 3 golden opportunities and couldn't even shoot it on target. The one where we was begging for a back heel from Sanchez in the 1st when Sanchez had a shot at the net he soared over the goal and into the stands.

A couple of years back every time Ramsey swung his boot, the ball went in and he ended with 16 goals. Some were peaches. Not sure where that touch has gone to. I still like him but as an attacking midfielder he needs to chip in more. That can be said across the team though - they are really struggling to find the net.

Mert is another guy that gets slated, often unfairly but he has to hold his hand up for both goals yesterday. For a guy that is as slow as molasses in January, he was way too far out of position on the first goal and his "pass" to Flamini was piss-poor for the penalty. Today he tried to distract attention by claiming the team was not scoring.True, but I expect more of him.

Arsenal could have scored a couple (at least 2 great saves by Stegen) but then again Barca could have had four. It will take a very well organized defense to stop them from winning the CL.

A couple of years back every time Ramsey swung his boot, the ball went in and he ended with 16 goals. Some were peaches. Not sure where that touch has gone to. I still like him but as an attacking midfielder he needs to chip in more. That can be said across the team though - they are really struggling to find the net.

Mert is another guy that gets slated, often unfairly but he has to hold his hand up for both goals yesterday. For a guy that is as slow as molasses in January, he was way too far out of position on the first goal and his "pass" to Flamini was piss-poor for the penalty. Today he tried to distract attention by claiming the team was not scoring.True, but I expect more of him.

Arsenal could have scored a couple (at least 2 great saves by Stegen) but then again Barca could have had four. It will take a very well organized defense to stop them from winning the CL.

Probably best that Aaron Ramsey didn't score.

Fans claim Aaron Ramsey 'goal curse' has struck again - but Arsenal midfielder doesn't find it funny
13:20, 15 JAN 2016 UPDATED 16:46, 15 JAN 2016
BY LIAM CORLESS
An internet joke resurfaced this week following the deaths of David Bowie and Alan Rickman - both one day after Ramsey scored against Sunderland and then Liverpool
Aaron Ramsey's two goals for Arsenal this week have led to an unwelcome internet joke resurfacing.

Many fans have pointed out the Gunners midfielder's goalscoring form coincides with the death of a well-known figure and that the 'curse' has struck again.

Bayern 2-0
Barcelona 4-2

Good luck to Ohio and Section as well as all the Arsenal fans who realize it would've been better to lose to Olympiakos and dominate the Europa

Arsenal could not dominate their way out of a wet paper bag right now.

Quarter final draw:

Wolfsburg v Real Madrid
Bayern Munich v Benfica
Barcelona v Atletico Madrid
Manchester City v Paris Saint-Germain.

The quarter-finals will take place on 5-6 April and 12-13 April.

Back