Champions League 2015-16

Arsenal vs Olympiakos should be a great game. Arsenal needs to win by 2 to advance. Expect the Greeks to pack the box. Who thought that was possible before yesterday. Arsenal picked up 7 goals in the GD yesterday. Big day for the Gunners.

Chelsea vs Porto is also big. One of them is going home.

Arsenal vs Olympiakos should be a great game. Arsenal needs to win by 2 to advance. Expect the Greeks to pack the box. Who thought that was possible before yesterday. Arsenal picked up 7 goals in the GD yesterday. Big day for the Gunners.

Chelsea vs Porto is also big. One of them is going home.

Not necessarily winning by 2. See below. The GD really means nothing because initial tiebreakers for group stage are head to head only after all those are exhausted does overall GD come into play.

It means they can qualify for the last 16 by winning in Athens on 8 December by either two goals or by a scoreline of 3-2, 4-3 and so on. They have to overturn the 3-2 loss that they suffered against the Greeks at the Emirates to progress on the head-to-head tie-breaker. A 3-2 win would suffice as Arsenal have the better goal difference, which is the next tie-breaker.

It is down to nut cutting time for several teams.

IMHO:

Chelsea and Roma to be in the last 16.

Barca - Bayern final in the San Siro.

Arsenal and Man U to be out and playing in the Europa League.

It is down to nut cutting time for several teams.

IMHO:

Chelsea and Roma to be in the last 16.

Barca - Bayern final in the San Siro.

Arsenal and Man U to be out and playing in the Europa League.

Chelsea should tank it tomorrow and lose to Porto. Their only chance of playing Champions league next year would be to win the Europa.

Wow. The Gunners up 3-0. Didn't see that coming. Chelsea also up 2-0. Maybe the EPL will hang onto that 4th CL spot.

Wow. The Gunners up 3-0. Didn't see that coming. Chelsea also up 2-0. Maybe the EPL will hang onto that 4th CL spot.

Giroud with the hat-trick. I am as surprised as anyone. The permutations were against them but the got the goals and did not concede. Apparently Campbell was terrific.

Through to the last 16 again - please not Real or Barca!!

The draw was today and my wish came true!

Arsenal vs Barca
PSG vs Chelsea
Dinamo Kiev vs Man C
Ghent vs Wolfsburg
Roma vs Real Madrid
Juve vs B Munich
PSV vs A Madrid
Benfica vs Zenit

It's easy. Just keep Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta and Rakitic quiet and we have a chance!

Arsenal vs Barca
PSG vs Chelsea
Dinamo Kiev vs Man C
Ghent vs Wolfsburg
Roma vs Real Madrid
Juve vs B Munich
PSV vs A Madrid
Benfica vs Zenit

It's easy. Just keep Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta and Rakitic quiet and we have a chance!

And Chelsea gets hosed again in the draw. Unbelievable.

Arsenal vs Barca
PSG vs Chelsea
Dinamo Kiev vs Man C
Ghent vs Wolfsburg
Roma vs Real Madrid
Juve vs B Munich
PSV vs A Madrid
Benfica vs Zenit

And Chelsea gets hosed again in the draw. Unbelievable.

The draw is totally fixed. We all knew it would be Chelsea/PSG again. Also not surprised at Arsenal/Barca. UEFA hates the EPL. Now that FIFA is being cleaned up how about they start cleaning up UEFA.

UEFA Champions League fires up again this week. Tomorrow we have:

Benfica vs Zenit
PSG vs Chelsea

On Wednesday

Gent vs Wolfsburg
Roma vs Real Madrid

Group runners-up at home in the first leg.

Benfica vs Zenit
PSG vs Chelsea

On Wednesday

Gent vs Wolfsburg
Roma vs Real Madrid

Bad timing for Chelsea to be missing both their starting CB's. It'll be interesting to see how the game plays out tomorrow. I hope Hiddink isn't too conservative. Chelsea needs at least one away goal.

Benfica vs Zenit
PSG vs Chelsea

On Wednesday

Gent vs Wolfsburg
Roma vs Real Madrid

Bad timing for Chelsea to be missing both their starting CB's. It'll be interesting to see how the game plays out tomorrow. I hope Hiddink isn't too conservative. Chelsea needs at least one away goal.

Miazga get thrown to the fire?

every year I throw a few hundred on PSG to win the UCL. They have no competitive games domestically so why not focus all their attention on European success? Was a great experience watching them this year at the Parc d' Princes and hope they can make a nice run.

I won't be happy until all the EPL clubs are gone this year. :evil:

Benfica vs Zenit
PSG vs Chelsea

On Wednesday

Gent vs Wolfsburg
Roma vs Real Madrid

He's on the bench for us. It's going to get ugly.

Then you will be very happy quite soon. Even the most ardent Arsenal fan (inlcude yours truly in that demographic) expect an absolute pasting from Barca. If Pellegrini was not a lame duck, I might pick Man C to advance. Chelsea have a shot but PSG will probably be too strong but this one might be tight.

Juventus might run your Bayern close... I would not like to call that one.

Then you will be very happy quite soon. Even the most ardent Arsenal fan (inlcude yours truly in that demographic) expect an absolute pasting from Barca. If Pellegrini was not a lame duck, I might pick Man C to advance. Chelsea have a shot but PSG will probably be too strong but this one might be tight.

Juventus might run your Bayern close... I would not like to call that one.

I was very confident until we lost all of our defenders. Now, not so much.

Benfica vs Zenit
PSG vs Chelsea

On Wednesday

Gent vs Wolfsburg
Roma vs Real Madrid

He's on the bench for us. It's going to get ugly.

Well at least we have the all important away goal. I'll take back my comment of god damn it how is Mikel starting.

I'll happily take a 2-1 defeat going back to the Bridge. Chelsea can go through with a 1-0 win. Not that they've had all that many clean sheets this year but Chelsea isn't in a bad spot.

Back