Champagnie

If Champ can keep hitting threes, I believe he was 5-9 last night, he will have a chance to stick. Make no mistake, he's getting minutes for a tanking team, but if you play well enough you can turn that into a career. JaKarr Sampson broke through by playing for the Sixers during that era where they were awful

Importantly, he was super efficient in his scoring.
Last night: In 25 minutes, he scored 24 points, going 8-14 from the field and 5-9 from the 3 point line. 3-4 from FT line.
Tues night: In 28 minutes, he scored 10 points, going 4-11 from the field, 2-7 from the 3 point line. No FTs.
Sunday night: In 28 minutes, he scored 26 points, going 9-14 from the field, 4-7 from the 3 point line. 4-5 from FT line.
Overall for April, these 3 games, he's 47.8% from 3 point line.

For the month of March, when he really started playing in the league, he went for 36% from the 3 point line.

Hopefully he's playing himself into a nice rotation piece next year; and the Spurs convert his contract into a minimimum wage salary (close to $1mm). Right now on two-way contract it's 1/2 minimium wage (non guaranteed).

This is value investing by the Spurs, if they can find a guy that can shoot 3s in the high 30's on a cheap contract.

Then hopefully in a year or two, Julian really gets paid.

I had my doubts but good for him. I’ll pull for all the former Players fulfilling their dreams. Maybe it’s me but he looks to be a little thinner than I remember. Happy for him.

I love that he’s playing for coach Pop - one of the best ever at identifying and developing talent. San Antonio is in a rebuild but if Pop sees him as part of the rebuild then he could have a long, productive, and affluent career. Go Julian!

I love that he’s playing for coach Pop - one of the best ever at identifying and developing talent. San Antonio is in a rebuild but if Pop sees him as part of the rebuild then he could have a long, productive, and affluent career. Go Julian!
I think it’s great for Julian to be playing in the NBA. And , he’s putting up numbers too . The problem for many of the undrafted players is not playing at this level but , the fact they are getting second tier and limited Contracts Which makes them easy targets for getting cut next season . What happens is that the Spurs first a d second round draftees get more substantial Contracts with Guarantess and a spot on the Roster . That leaves very little room for guys like Julian to grab a Roster spot for next year . But , I guess if you perform well enough you might land somewhere . Anyway ,good luck to him . By the way , is Justin on a Roster ?

He had another good game today.
He started! Congrats to him.
24 points; 8-16 from the field, 5-9 from 3. 3-3 from FT.

Another 20 point game for JC! In April JC has averaged 20 ppg shooting 54%/48%/78% and 6 rebounds to boot. I hope this gets him a full deal with the Spurs next year ( they can offer him a $1.8M qualifying offer for next year).
I wouldnt get too excited. These games are meaningless. This game was played like an all-star game. His team scored 131 points but lost by 20. They gave up 151 points in regulation!

Back