Bubble Watch

Dear God

I sincerely apologize for eating that Cheeseburger and hot dog at the St Johns game yesterday. I know it was a Friday but the pretzels looked horrible. It's Dolan's fault not mine. ( plus I had to pay like $35 for it so I did suffer ) If you send me to Dayton I won't eat meat again till Memorial Day

Sincerely

mjmaherjr
I hope you had a helluva cheeseburger, Mike!

1710652581156.png

Here (below) are Joe Lunardi's conference breakdown from his most recent updated bracket.

He has Oklahoma as the last team in and St. John's as the last team out. I am willing to bet a fortune that he is wrong about this. Why would the Big 12 would get triple the number of teams that the Big East gets in and the Mountain West and the Big Ten gets double the number of teams that the Big East gets in when the three Big East teams that they have in the tournament are all top ten teams.

This makes less than zero sense to me.

CONFERENCE BREAKDOWN​

CONFERENCE
TEAM
Big 12
SEC
Big Ten
Mountain West
ACC
Pac-12
Big East
American
WCC
Atlantic 10

Last edited:
I hope we make it in, but if we don’t it boils down the stinker middle of the season. The team dug themselves a really big hole.

I think what we have going for us beyond the metrics is we have shown we can play with any team in the country. Given the star power of Pitino hopefully they see that as made for tv action.

This is unfortunately what happens when you leave it in the hands of the committee.

Last edited:
LJSAology
(Teams in italics predicted by LJSA to win autobid)

One-Bidders (20):
Vermont
Stetson
Montana St.
Longwood
LBSU
Charleston
W. Kentucky
Oakland
St. Peter’s
Howard
Akron
Morehead St.
Wagner
Colgate
Samford
McNeese St.
Grambling
South Dakota St.
James Madison
Grand Canyon

Two-Bidders (10):
St. Mary’s/Gonzaga
FAU/UAB or Temple
Indiana St./Drake
Princeton/Brown or Cornell
Dayton/VCU or Duquesne

Four-Bidder (4):
Arizona/Oregon/WSU/Colorado

Five-Bidder (5):
New Mexico St./San Diego St./Boise St./Utah St./Nevada

Six-Bidders (18):
UConn/St. John’s/Marquette/Seton Hall/Providence/Creighton
Illinois/Purdue/Nebraska/Northwestern/Wisconsin/Michigan St.
UNC/N.C. St./Duke/Pitt/Clemson/Wake Forest

Seven-Bidder (7):
Tennessee/South Carolina/Auburn/Kentucky/Alabama/Florida/A&M

Eight-Bidder (8):
Houston/Iowa St./Baylor/Texas Tech/BYU/Kansas/TCU/Texas

LJSAology
(Teams in italics predicted by LJSA to win autobid)

One-Bidders (20):
Vermont
Stetson
Montana St.
Longwood
LBSU
Charleston
W. Kentucky
Oakland
St. Peter’s
Howard
Akron
Morehead St.
Wagner
Colgate
Samford
McNeese St.
Grambling
South Dakota St.
James Madison
Grand Canyon

Two-Bidders (10):
St. Mary’s/Gonzaga
FAU/UAB or Temple
Indiana St./Drake
Princeton/Brown or Cornell
Dayton/VCU or Duquesne

Four-Bidder (4):
Arizona/Oregon/WSU/Colorado

Five-Bidder (5):
New Mexico St./San Diego St./Boise St./Utah St./Nevada

Six-Bidders (18):
UConn/St. John’s/Marquette/Seton Hall/Providence/Creighton
Illinois/Purdue/Nebraska/Northwestern/Wisconsin/Michigan St.
UNC/N.C. St./Duke/Pitt/Clemson/Wake Forest

Seven-Bidder (7):
Tennessee/South Carolina/Auburn/Kentucky/Alabama/Florida/A&M

Eight-Bidder (8):
Houston/Iowa St./Baylor/Texas Tech/BYU/Kansas/TCU/Texas
That's 72 teams.

Four have to go.

Sorry, I know. Rest got cut off. It was supposed to also have bold italics for the four who I believe will get cut from final consideration.

Wake, Seton Hall, Nevada, and A&M
Was also going to be text on how Ivy getting two would be a shocker so there's my prediction that no one else as far as I know will be making.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong it may be. 😜
And I respect your right to do just that. A couple of Johnnie’s came to play and some to watch, just the way it was. The player who turned the game around in the 1st half with his hustle never even got off the bench in the 2nd.
Other teams went out and won, half the SJU team decided beating SHU was enough.

For those who were/are openly mocking those who have been concerned about this stuff, can’t you see why? The bubble just inexplicably shrank by 4 spots today. Four schools just got booted and we are likely one of them. Just a brutal day for us. Won’t forget this
As one I believe you are referring to, what did all your concern “about this stuff” get you except potentially a little bit of egg on your face for celebrating after all your predictions of a sure thing bid after finishing 5th in the BE and beating SHU get you? Crying in your beer because the absolute beauty of sports, the complete and utter absolute unpredictability of sports, might have come up and bit you in the a$$? The only thing that EVER mattered was continuing to win the whole damn tournament and if not pray things broke right leading to what the committee does tomorrow.
That’s why coming out and playing EVERY possession on both ends of the court like your season was on the line against UConn was not an option but an absolute MUST, because it was, and SJU didn’t do that. No, they certainly didn’t roll over but they didn’t play with the absolute desperate commitment and all out hustle that the situation demanded. So people here reveled in the 5 point loss while other teams went out and played with that commitment and WON their games against the “better” teams. So now SJU and fans can sweat tomorrow out and some of you can crank up your, “oh we‘re better than X“ posts or lament how the basketball gods hate SJU, or how the tournament needs to be expanded, if SJU is not selected.
For the record, not having been “concerned about this stuff”, I still think the late surge and the Pitino factor will get SJU in, but we shall see. But if it doesn’t happen, SJU coaches and players have no one to blame but themselves, they were the ones who lost too many very winnable games.

Does Pitino and co know beforehand or do they watch like everyone else???

Always wondered in the internet age how it worked

Back