Bubble Watch

Don't lose faith folks. As I said before, I may be delusional but I believe we are definitely in the tournament. We may have to play in Dayton (which personally makes me sick) but they are not leaving us out of the dance
So Temple is under investigation for point shaving and losing games, suddenly comes alive and wins their conference tourney? Where is Henry Hill, Jimmy Burke and Michael Francese?

We're definitely still in it. These bracketologists are far from perfect. We have very strong metrics with NET and Kenpom, and we have Rick Pitino as our head coach. It will be worth watching on Sunday.

To use Lunardi as our basis.
Our NET is 34 heading into today.

Last four byes
Texas A&M: 42 (they lost)
Mississippi St: 32 (they lost)
FAU: 33 (they lost)
Colorado State: 37

Last Four In
Colorado: 24 (they lost)
TCU: 43
Michigan St: 25
Oklahoma: 46

None of these teams were no brainers for the committee. They were absolutely not on that initial Top 35 list before they start taking out AQs.

We have a chance. Keep the faith!
These guys have all day to discuss, there are no relevant games tomorrow. FAU is an interesting case. That isn’t just a loss that’s an awful loss.

Dear God

I sincerely apologize for eating that Cheeseburger and hot dog at the St Johns game yesterday. I know it was a Friday but the pretzels looked horrible. It's Dolan's fault not mine. If you send me to Dayton I won't eat meat again till Memorial Day

Sincerely

mjmaherjr
Thank you for making me laugh on an otherwise shitty basketball day.

It's been said that on Sunday morning/afternoon Dayton teams are given a little bit of a heads up so they can start organizing their travel and what not. Hopefully anybody with some scoops can report back if they hear anything before the selection show :)
Well then we should be hearing from mjm because he’ll be the first one notified if we’re going to Dayton.

Dan Hurley actually saying something I agree with:

“First off, if Seton Hall is not in, that’s embarrassing, and there’s a larger problem relative to the respect that the Big East gets. Providence beat Wisconsin, who beat Purdue today and is playing for the Big Ten championship…they beat Marquette with Kolek earlier in the year, obviously St. John’s, we’ve played them and we’ve played some other teams in the non-conference that are gonna make it. St. John’s is just as good as everyone else. We should be a six-bid league this year. Villanova, I don’t know if they’ll make it, but if we don’t get six teams in, that’s incredibly disrespectful. There’s a lot of truth to what some of these conferences did relative to manipulating the NET. When you look at some resumes of some of these programs, they literally beat nobody in the non-conference.”

Hopefully, there will be more back channeling from Union Tpke to wherever the committee meets tomorrow than the transfer portal back channel.

NCJ - see you at 5:30 mass. We can double the prayers. You're more optimistic than me. I can't watch.

Back