Bubble Watch

We're definitely still in it. These bracketologists are far from perfect. We have very strong metrics with NET and Kenpom, and we have Rick Pitino as our head coach. It will be worth watching on Sunday.

To use Lunardi as our basis.
Our NET is 34 heading into today.

Last four byes
Texas A&M: 42 (they lost)
Mississippi St: 32 (they lost)
FAU: 33 (they lost)
Colorado State: 37

Last Four In
Colorado: 24 (they lost)
TCU: 43
Michigan St: 25
Oklahoma: 46

None of these teams were no brainers for the committee. They were absolutely not on that initial Top 35 list before they start taking out AQs.

We have a chance. Keep the faith!

We're definitely still in it. These bracketologists are far from perfect. We have very strong metrics with NET and Kenpom, and we have Rick Pitino as our head coach. It will be worth watching on Sunday.

Last four byes

Last Four In

None of these teams were no brainers for the committee. They were absolutely not on that initial Top 35 list before they start taking out AQs.

You certainly can't expect St John's fans to have faith. Most of us ate meat yesterday

Last four byes

Last Four In

All comes down to what the committee values, this year.

We pass the metrics test, and the eye test, but are short on Quad 1 wins.

I will be very upset if Virginia is in the tournament, and we are not. No way that should happen.

We have got to be in.
12 - 10 in the BE Conference, held the best team in the country even in the 2nd half, lost by -5, while Marquette got wiped by -14 in the 2nd half, plus we probably end with a 34 - 36 NET, at worst.
I think our name is called tomorrow night...10 seed at worst, imo.

I just do not see how they would justify only three teams from the big East the top three teams in our league are ranked in the top ten so that’s 6 games against top ten teams , including the best team in college if you finish with a winning record in a league like that your a tourney team!

Last four byes

Last Four In

Generally I’d agree here but as has been said, the committee already determined who was ahead of us this morning and teams like Oklahoma, MSU, FAU, Colorado were among them. I think they are too lazy to revisit that even with a couple of those teams losing today. History says they won’t do it

Marlon Brando Movie GIF

Repole telling Rick he’s going to “speak to the committee”

Our NET is now 32 and we have four Quad-1 wins.

I don't think the NET site has updated, at least on my end it's showing we're #34 with results through 3/15. #32 sounds about right though based on some of the teams who lost ahead of us.

Back