Bubble Watch

This is the reality.

If nothing goes wrong we avoid Dayton.

If little goes wrong we're 50/50 to Dayton.

If an average number of things goes wrong we're likely in Dayton with a small chance of missing completely.

If lots go wrong we're 50/50 or worse on even making it.

If everything goes wrong then the portal thread is the most important thing come Monday.
Everything went wrong

For those who were/are openly mocking those who have been concerned about this stuff, can’t you see why? The bubble just inexplicably shrank by 4 spots today. Four schools just got booted and we are likely one of them. Just a brutal day for us. Won’t forget this
This is the worst "I told you so" in my entire life.

I don’t know how a fan base could have it any worse
big east mascot GIF by BIG EAST Conference

NET was 34 this morning. Tomorrow it would be 32 or 36. Not many teams in that range have missed the tournament...
The bubble has never been this strong before, though. That's mostly due to the bid stealers. It will almost certainly happen to someone, this season.

It all comes down to what the committee is thinking.

If we don't get call, don't think I'll be nearly as upset as I would have been if Mullin's team didn't after tanking the back half of what should have been even better.

For those who were/are openly mocking those who have been concerned about this stuff, can’t you see why? The bubble just inexplicably shrank by 4 spots today. Four schools just got booted and we are likely one of them. Just a brutal day for us. Won’t forget this
Desperation for so long often colors objectivity unfortunately. Maybe I missed it, but did not see a ton of mocking. Carried away, yes.

Back