Bubble Watch

We were a little sloppy with the ball but disagree it was not a good effort. Thought all of our players knew the significance of this game and gave a good effort.
Maybe better comment would have been they did not execute well defending threes

We were a little sloppy with the ball but disagree it was not a good effort. Thought all of our players knew the significance of this game and gave a good effort.
We were outrebounded, shot 38% from the line, had 14 turnovers, and key playersnin foul trouble, AND didnt defend well agains the 3. Much of those result from poor effort and bad court awareness as you heard Rick pointing out in huddle!

How is Nova a projected 11 seed and we are ,,1st 4in the Tourney ? Nova currently down 22 Vs Creighton 10 minutes into first half .
We beat Nova handily twice .
There is almost no diff between an 11 seed and last 4 in, 1st 4 out.

Seeds 13-17 (bottom 20) are mostly automatic qualifiers from smaller conferences.
although Nova has worse losses than us (PENN!) their ooc wins (NC & Texas tech)are much stronger than ours

On ESPN’s College GameDay most panelists had us out as of right now and Jay Bilas took the opportunity to make fun of CRP by using the phrases Coach used in the infamous press conference ie. lack of lateral quickness, most unenjoyable experience etc.
What a shock that an ESPN shill took a shot at a Big East team.

Nova played the last 5 minutes like their NCAA tournament hopes depended on it. They were right, Kudos to Trey Alexander to make a tough shot to win the game. Nova eliminates themselves barring a run to the final of the BET. That's one less bubble team for us to worry about! (our resume was better than theirs anyway, I just don't like leaving close decisions to the committee).

Nova played the last 5 minutes like their NCAA tournament hopes depended on it. They were right, Kudos to Trey Alexander to make a tough shot to win the game. Nova eliminates themselves barring a run to the final of the BET. That's one less bubble team for us to worry about! (our resume was better than theirs anyway, I just don't like leaving close decisions to the committee).
Don’t think most bracketologists agree with this. If they reach the semifinal they’re probably in

Keep an eye on 9-20 Air Force who are tied with Colorado St at the half. Could be a devastating loss for CSU but great for us

Miss State just lost in overtime to South Carolina. Not a bad loss but that’s their fourth straight L and they are playing themselves on the wrong side of the bubble.

Last edited:
Tulsa up 4 against south Florida under a minute. Would love that. Will kill USF outer bubble hopes

Never thought I’d say this, but let’s go UConn!
If we take take sole possession of 5th place I just don’t see Providence or Nova bumping us from a spot at the Dance. Unless one of them wins the BE Tourney. And even then, the Big East is probably going to get minimum 6 Tourney bids.

Back