Bubble Watch

Had a shitty feeling about this since yesterday as I’m sure many others did. There’s a lesson to learn here. Don’t leave it in the hands of these absolute morons. I don’t think that will be an issue moving forward with the team they will put together.

Yeah because she was the cause that we couldn’t seal the deal. If they did take a fourth team, it was Seton Hall over us.
If Seton Hall gets I’m pissed but our conference was technically No. 2 Conference in America and the committee just said we are mid-major. We should’ve known when the team wasn’t on CBS. NCAA figured last time to get back at Rick before called something else.

That’s crazy, even if there were no bid stealers last night we still wouldn’t have gotten in. The moral of the story is to disregard the hundreds of Bracketologists. Honestly the Hall got more screwed over than we did.
And to disregard the majority of the posters on this site.

This league was probably too strong at the top (notice that Seton Hall was the fourth team - they were the only one of the bubble teams to beat powerhouse UCONN), and too weak at the bottom (Georgetown and DePaul collectively brought this league way down).

If Holtmann doesn't get it done at DePaul (and IMO, it's not a good sign that OSU started playing better after he left), then Ackerman and company have a very, very tough decision to make re: that school. They have been too bad, for too long (even we've had some decent teams over the last 20 years - I can't say that about DePaul).

Didn’t help that about a third of SJU’s regular season conference wins were Georgetown/Depaul, who are two of the biggest turkeys in Division I. They are the worst of both worlds: almost no credit for beating them, but lose to them even once and there goes your resume. I hope Val Ackerman is paying attention - there really is no excuse for it.

The problem is the contradiction. They gave the big east 3 of the top 10 seeds. Including the number one overall.thats not consistent with hating the big east. It’s consistent with being terribly inconsistent
Hence my “good enough to not be ignored” reference. And I never mentioned hating the BE, the message is all about getting as much $ as possible to the football conferences. Emotion has nothing to do with it.

You think the MWC should have 2x the representation in the tournament than the Big East?
Definitely should have more. The low seeding is why announcers felt they were somewhat devalued. Big East had three teams on the bubble.

I am more pissed that ACC got five in with NC State being a bid stealer.

Man, was I wrong.
This is a terrible bummer.
Seton Hall definitely deserved to get in.
Feel sorry for then and Holloway--a great, young, coach.

Last edited:
SJU was basically a toss up in my mind, so not sour that they didn’t make it. BUT

this bracket is absolute garbage. The biggest thing to me is there is no consistency in what they did. If you could point and say “they really valued metrics” or “they really valued big wins” or “they wanted teams that avoided bad losses” I could at least understand it. Instead, they seemed to have just picked random teams with disparate resumes for no discernible reason. Virginia in? FAU an 8? What are they doing.

Frankly, I’d prefer if they just made this 100% mathematical. Pick one of the metrics or even a combo of several that you can weigh. Then everyone will know exactly what’s happening—some of these decision are inexplicable.

Hence my “good enough to not be ignored” reference. And I never mentioned hating the BE, the message is all about getting as much $ as possible to the football conferences. Emotion has nothing to do with it.

I feel like they could have pushed Marquette and Creighton down a few seeds—-but I understand your point

We didn’t beat anyone all year except Creighton. I can live with us being out. But the Big East getting 3 teams WITH the defending national champs and #1 overall seed?! They just took a sh*t on our conference because Val and company are complete jokes. That’s why UVA is in.

Seton Hall being left out is criminal.
Exactly. I live with us being out if it means seton hall got in from our conference. But to limit us to 3 schools is absurd

Back