Brady Dunlap: Does He Have the Wright Stuff?

I have a hunch you can't recall much about Postell's freshman season. I remember a decent-to-good defender and a heckuva athlete. He shoot was broke as hell.

I can tell you I was hoping, as I wasn't fully sold, Postell's offensive game would come around as a sophomore. Thankfully, by late December, things started to click for him offensively.
Your hunch is wrong.
He reminded me of Willie Glass as a Frosh and in fact I think their Frosh stats were almost identical.

"My hunch" reminds me of you.
See Larry Legend had a real pretty looking shot and could jump. He hit game winner against I think Pit or ND than Norm played him like 8 mins the next game.

If had any coach beside Norm the MT Rushmore would be Mullin, Berry, Sealy & Wright.

See Larry Legend had a real pretty looking shot and could jump. He hit game winner against I think Pit or ND than Norm played him like 8 mins the next game.

If had any coach beside Norm the MT Rushmore would be Mullin, Berry, Sealy & Wright.
But dont extend that same grace to Mase JR? Shame!

He was fine as a Frosh though, certainly didn’t stink.
Postell averaged 5.6 pts and 2.6 turnovers on 36.4% shooting from the field and 19.1% from deep.

He also wasn’t playing in the 5th and 6th year/free transfer era.

How much does a freshman Postell play with Jenkins, Dingle, Allleyne, and Conway as 5th year seniors and a junior Taylor?

Postell averaged 5.6 pts and 2.6 turnovers on 36.4% shooting from the field and 19.1% from deep.

He also wasn’t playing in the 5th and 6th year/free transfer era.

How much does a freshman Postell play with Jenkins, Dingle, Allleyne, and Conway as 5th year seniors and a junior Taylor?
Postell was a freak athlete.
Dunlap is not
I hope I am wrong, but usually I am not.
Kid rushed everything and shot a line drive.
Don’t ever see him being a knock down shooter and is not a great athlete. Being a good entry passer can only get you so far.

Postell was a freak athlete.
Dunlap is not
I hope I am wrong, but usually I am not.
Kid rushed everything and shot a line drive.
Don’t ever see him being a knock down shooter and is not a great athlete. Being a good entry passer can only get you so far.
He rushed everything because we didn’t manufacture good looks for anyone. Half his shots were in secondary transition.

If he doesn’t take significant strides this year then we can BEGIN this line of questioning. Until then, it’s beyond silly.

This has nothing to do with skin color.

Odd that someone who seemingly believes that nearly everything has something to do with skin color believes that this thing here has nothing to do with that. Beause I think it has everything to do with that.

Every great white stiff Saint John's has wheeled out since since Paul Berwanger was lauded by racially conscious fans as the next big thing: Frank Gilroy. Terry Bross. Hempel. Shurina. Brust. Baldi. Luyk. Lyson. Muto. The great Heath Orvis. Cavataio. Phil Wait. According to lawmanfan, the marvelous Tomas Jasilionistien. M Bourgault. Fred Hooper. Frederico F'ing Mussini. Omar Alibegovickowich. D Caraher. And now Brady Dunlap, so far something of a nothing, for whom the red and white club is currently making white, because he is that at least and by that I mean white

The Caucasian players SJ has had post Mullin in order: Werdann, Tim Doyle and Phil Missere. That's not a long list unless I'm missing someone. That's not a lot to for the red and WHITES to root for.

tl;dr I stand with Larry

Odd that someone who seemingly believes that nearly everything has something to do with skin color believes that this thing here has nothing to do with that. Beause I think it has everything to do with that.

Every great white stiff Saint John's has wheeled out since since Paul Berwanger was lauded by racially conscious fans as the next big thing: Frank Gilroy. Terry Bross. Hempel. Shurina. Brust. Baldi. Luyk. Lyson. Muto. The great Heath Orvis. Cavataio. Phil Wait. According to lawmanfan, the marvelous Tomas Jasilionistien. M Bourgault. Fred Hooper. Frederico F'ing Mussini. Omar Alibegovickowich. D Caraher. And now Brady Dunlap, so far something of a nothing, for whom the red and white club is currently making white, because he is that at least and by that I mean white

The Caucasian players SJ has had post Mullin in order: Werdann, Tim Doyle and Phil Missere. That's not a long list unless I'm missing someone. That's not a lot to for the red and WHITES to root for.

tl;dr I stand with Larry
I was fine with Ron Rowan. I think his biggest problem was directly following Mullin.

tl;dr I stand with Larry
Don’t forget Fruedenberg :)

Let's be realistic. Brady has already been recruited over and, unless he becomes a consistent scoring threat, will be relegated to reserve status. His playing time will be determined by his effectiveness in practices and actual games.
He has a ton of potential but he seems like he is the type of player that won't reach his maximum potential until he is an upperclassman. Patience is suggested.

Brady needs to mature phyically. He looks like a 10th grader out there. The tick tock stuff doesnt help this look either.

Like someone said, if he can stay here for his jr and sr season, he will mature a ton and really contribute.

The only player worth mentioning I didn't mention.
Well technically Rowan did play with Mullin so you are not wrong. In fact we had an aged old debate where I argued Louie should have tried to play them together against Gtown and their box and 1.

But since he really only got to play once Mullin left, the MT Rushmore AM would be:
Rowan
Werdann
Brust
Missere

Brady needs to mature phyically. He looks like a 10th grader out there. The tick tock stuff doesnt help this look either.

Like someone said, if he can stay here for his jr and sr season, he will mature a ton and really contribute.
Why not use Bill Wennington as a model? His first two seasons were ordinary but by senior year he anchored the best team in SJ history.

Back