Boston College, Sun., Dec. 10, 4:30p, ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
so mehh on Barclays... Sunken Court is kinda interesting... but feels like it was built for non-bball priority...

Also- sitting in the Upper Level might be one of the more intimidating feats I've performed... esp after a couple beers...
I was in the last row; in I think 2016 for NCAA tournament. Wow - talk about steep.

I was in the last row; in I think 2016 for NCAA tournament. Wow - talk about steep.
I've been there for basketball and hockey. It really stinks for hockey. If you have lower tier seats for bball it's not too bad.

Respect & appreciate the intent & effort, but flip side, this is a bit painful to watch. Reminds of Anderson doing spots.

Why did we accept to play at Barclay's?

no idea, playing this game makes no sense. charging students 20 bucks a ticket for this is even worse. highly doubt pitino would let this happen next year

Like it or not, Barclays is a ‘pro arena.’ Part of being a big time program is about playing in the bigger venues. Recruits eat that stuff up. Of course it doesn’t compare to MSG, but we are playing our fair share of games at the garden.

Like it or not, Barclays is a ‘pro arena.’ Part of being a big time program is about playing in the bigger venues. Recruits eat that stuff up. Of course it doesn’t compare to MSG, but we are playing our fair share of games at the garden.
Get that, but it's a horrible event with none of the other teams in the event being a draw.

So, we'll likely plan in a barren arena with less than ideal fans.

Bad move by admin & Anderson accepting this

Get that, but it's a horrible event with none of the other teams in the event being a draw.

So, we'll likely plan in a barren arena with less than ideal fans.

Bad move by admin & Anderson accepting this
It’s not just Anderson. We played five games there under Lavin and 3 games with Mullin. All games being either a showcase or MTE. This year’s quadruple header is not great, but the Miami (FL) v Colorado game before ours should be a heck of a game. Agreed attendance will be down, but it is what it is. I’ll be there as the timing was perfect for me visiting my daughter.

The Barclays Center does hold significance as being a pro arena. I do wonder if that has any interest to the players at all.

I think a lot of our concerns would be solved if we played home games there as part of the season package versus some random tournament.

I think a lot of our concerns would be solved if we played home games there as part of the season package versus some random tournament.
At some point you need an identity..

Can't have MSG, Barclay's, UBS (& Carnesecca( and expect to have a true home court w/ a rotating fan base willing to travel to some and not other arenas.

Not to mention it is a good idea to get used to the rims and feel of the court just in case they happen to play there during a particular weekend in March.

At some point you need an identity..

Can't have MSG, Barclay's, UBS (& Carnesecca( and expect to have a true home court w/ a rotating fan base willing to travel to some and not other arenas.
I think our identity of playing conference games and high-major OOC opponents in pro arenas would be a great identity. Certainly unique and truly makes us New York City's team. If we're winning, fans will go to UBS, Barclays and MSG for good games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back