Boston College, Sun., Dec. 10, 4:30p, ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ponds didn’t have a high motor but my God did he have the best hands and anticipation I’ve ever seen. His knack for the ball was just absurd and Pitino highly values those traits.

We were robbed of full year of Lovett and Ponds. Pitino would have loved that pairing.
Agree 100%, plus Ponds at his best could slice up a defense. This is definitely an optimistic viewpoint, but had Lovett stayed we may have gotten 2 ncaa bids in 4 Mullin seasons, which would have been as good as anyone's runs. His injury and quitting destroyed all chances of a solid season that year.

Agree 100%, plus Ponds at his best could slice up a defense. This is definitely an optimistic viewpoint, but had Lovett stayed we may have gotten 2 ncaa bids in 4 Mullin seasons, which would have been as good as anyone's runs. His injury and quitting destroyed all chances of a solid season that year.
I think the portion of the year that Lovett and Ponds played together , they beat Syracuse at the Dome by 33 points . I might not have the Rx at s Ute difference but , it was a rout

Ponds would've either transferred because he could not handle Pitino's regimen, or would've been a lottery pick. It's too bad we will never find out.

Going forward, I think this past off-season is more of an anomaly for Pitino. He isn't going to be doing tryouts and kicking guys off the team. The context last year (Shanley visiting a practice, Anderson lawsuit, Van Macon naughty list) is a pretty crazy situation that required transformative action on the roster. Do I think some guys could've been upgrades on this roster, and maybe even deserved a chance to prove it (King, Storr, Jones)? Yes. But this wasn't a normal off-season at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back