(BET) (AP #2) #1 Connecticut, Fri., Mar. 15, 5:30p, FOX

I'm with you. Can anyone share any logical reason as to why we have a shot to win this game? First time we faced UConn with no Clingan. Second time with no Karaban. And now they are just firing on all cylinders. No weakness
We are fans and do not require logic. We are excited about how well the team is playing. They have been in survive and advance mode for nearly a month, and thriving.

Most importantly, it cannot be stressed enough, how remarkable the team’s resiliency has grown dramatically.

This is not the same team that blew big leads in the second half. This is not the same team that had a glass jaw. This is not the same team that did not know how to punch back.

This team not only can take heavy punches, but connects on a flurry of retaliatory combinations.

Of course it will be a tough task. As Jenkins said, UConn is the big dragon, but this team is tough enough to slay it. And as fans, who needs logic anyway? That is what makes us fans.

Our team this year defies logic. 😀
Also crazy things happen is March.
A couple of things I hope happen today .

1. I hope Soriano can , at least run up and down the Court and tire Clingan out . Get him in foul trouble too. Like last time in the MSG game .

2. Jenkins cannot get into foul trouble like happened yesterday . Especially those ticky tack fouls in the Back Court . He and Dingle can’t be on the Bench for large time periods .

I have no doubt RP has something up his sleeve that UCONN isn’t prepared for from us . Like yesterday Vs Hall .

Victory is possible .

In order for us to win this game I think the keys will be running them off of the 3 point line and no scoring droughts by us. We put up 80 we have a good shot. 85+ and I would be surprised if we lose. During our winning streak we are averaging just under 89 per game

I do not think we are going to see Wilcher out there today. He looked terrified out there yesterday. The game was way to big for him which is not a great sign. Brady was out there and although he did not do much, he did not look shook.

Need Jenkins to stay out of foul trouble today. He might need to give us 38 minutes.

Hope that Conn have a bad three point shooting night and stay close into the second half. If it is a close game all fans in attendance will become SJU fans except the Conn fans and perhaps SJU can pull it out. The garden will be rocking and Hurley will be losing it.

I do not think we are going to see Wilcher out there today. He looked terrified out there yesterday. The game was way to big for him which is not a great sign. Brady was out there and although he did not do much, he did not look shook.

Need Jenkins to stay out of foul trouble today. He might need to give us 38 minutes.
One of the things I liked about Dunlap yesterday is he didn't force a shot. You might expect a young guy to try something – anything – to have an impact but he stayed disciplined on the couple opportunities he might have had to shoot. Sometimes you can impress by NOT doing something...

I would keep sending him out. The kid can play. Gotta stay with him

More pumped and more nervous for this game than I was yesterday afternoon. Don't think we're playing with house money. We gotta stay within the spread.

With Rick Pitino as our coach, anything is possible. Let's win this!
I feel the same way. I was as stressed for yesterday's game as I can remember being. I don't feel as though we are playing with house money, but I think we've done all we can do at this point. So it is just go and root for the team, hope for the upset, and if not hope for the best.

One of the things I liked about Dunlap yesterday is he didn't force a shot. You might expect a young guy to try something – anything – to have an impact but he stayed disciplined on the couple opportunities he might have had to shoot. Sometimes you can impress by NOT doing something...
Hang around and give our fans a good time. If we hit some shots they got to guard us. Get to the paint. Play passing lanes. Most of all guys gotta think we can win.

Back