(BET) (AP #2) #1 Connecticut, Fri., Mar. 15, 5:30p, FOX

St. John's has done it! 24 years in the making, St. John's is headed to Friday night of the Big East Tournament! It was an emotional night in the stands for many, as the Red Storm destroyed Seton Hall 91-72. A balanced performance with six Johnnies in double figures made it a six game winning streak for the boys from Queens. With UConn up next, and playing with house money...the motto simply must be..why not us...why not now? Go Johnnies!

I'm with you. Can anyone share any logical reason as to why we have a shot to win this game? First time we faced UConn with no Clingan. Second time with no Karaban. And now they are just firing on all cylinders. No weakness

This is March. Jim Calhoun said it last night: you don’t need to be the best team just the best team for those 40 min

UConn has started slow last two games. Of course both ended in blowouts but PC & Xavier didn’t have enough to sustain. One common theme the few times they look vulnerable is the physicality of other teams. When SJU played in Hartford, SHU in Newark, PC at Gampel all were extremely physical and disrupted their rhythm. Hurleys offense is all predicated on movement and a lot of misdirection. Stay disciplined, attached to bodies of the cutters and get physical without fouling to keep them out of rhythm

Hard to beat them in a shootout. Switch everything? They have too many guys to exploit a mismatch. Hedge the ball screen? Too much spacing and Clingan/Johnson roll hard. Drop coverage? Newton is good weaving through and you can’t help off Karaban/Spencer

This is Pitino & Jenkins 4th time in last 12 months facing these guys. They won’t be caught by surprise with anything UConn does. Not gambling my 401K SJU winning but think we at least have a shot

Not sure if this was mentioned - if we can hang in and keep this close, we’ll get a ton of crowd support from the Marquette and PC fans (especially) rooting for the upset. Will negate the strong UConn presence
Great point. I'm assuming all four teams get an equal share of the tickets. I think UConn is going to think they are playing at an away game.

Great point. I'm assuming all four teams get an equal share of the tickets. I think UConn is going to think they are playing at an away game.
It is a great point, and if it's close the rest of the clans will definitely become SJU fans. But I think that will make the Garden 50/50, maybe 60/40 good guys at best

I would assume that that the tickets that pop up on the secondary market from eliminated teams will be about evenly distributed between Uconn and STJ fans. Maybe a little Providence but i don't think as much and very little Marquette. IMHO

I'm with you. Can anyone share any logical reason as to why we have a shot to win this game? First time we faced UConn with no Clingan. Second time with no Karaban. And now they are just firing on all cylinders. No weakness
I was out to lunch with a friend just now who asked me if SJU had a shot tonight. My answer was a better shot than Seton Hall.

So there’s that.

I feel the same way. I was as stressed for yesterday's game as I can remember being. I don't feel as though we are playing with house money, but I think we've done all we can do at this point. So it is just go and root for the team, hope for the upset, and if not hope for the best.
That’s exactly how I feel.

Did you say spread? We may have a solution, but Eric and Monte need to contact their “friends” and get the line to UConn as 30 point favorites. STAT.
Monte still needs a ticket if anyone has one floating around.

Back