(BET) (AP #2) #1 Connecticut, Fri., Mar. 15, 5:30p, FOX

It is going to be a tough game, expect it to be close. It is going to come down to the final 5 minutes. Rick has to cook something up against UConn and throw Hurley off like he did yesterday against Seton Hall.

A win would be great for the program on many fronts- spot in Big East finals, higher seeding in NCAAs, recruiting and an even more emphatic "we are back". But I don't think we can guarantee a win- I still view this as a house money game, but I think we can expect the grad/seniors to leave it all out on the court at their one last shot at UConn especially falling twice to them this year already. Think closer to effort in first game rather than second game.

More pumped and more nervous for this game than I was yesterday afternoon. Don't think we're playing with house money. We gotta stay within the spread.

With Rick Pitino as our coach, anything is possible. Let's win this!
Did you say spread? We may have a solution, but Eric and Monte need to contact their “friends” and get the line to UConn as 30 point favorites. STAT.

More pumped and more nervous for this game than I was yesterday afternoon. Don't think we're playing with house money. We gotta stay within the spread.

With Rick Pitino as our coach, anything is possible. Let's win this!
Less nervous on my end, certainly have hope of an upset, but ecstatic that in year one Rick rallied the troops when we were in huge hole and punched a dance ticket. That constitutes success and the national view of the program is much improved & the positive impact on recruiting is obvious.

I go way back & enjoyed some of glory years and frankly did not think we would have the leadership to get back to a high level. Shanley and Pitino answered the bell & for that I’m grateful and optimistic.

For some reason, I think that we'll be playing Providence on Saturday. I don't know why. I just have a hunch.
I'm surprised how many people are confident we will be there tomorrow. Make no mistake, we are playing the best team in the country tonight. I am pumped up to have a shot at them, but not exactly penciling us in to Saturday yet.

It is Lent and Catholics have to make a daily sacrifice, and repent.

Well, on this Friday during Lent, I am going to sacrifice all the sacrificing of watching this program consistently lose and keep holy for a thorough and deeply penance-guided beat down of UConn.

At the last UConn game that I attended with my son and grandson, when the obnoxious dirtbag Yukon fans would shout something that ended with “UConn….. “ I had all I could do to not respond with “SUCKS”. Then I realized that I’m 70 years old with my grandson with me and some level of decorum was in order. Damn do I miss the good old days.🤪
70? You are a youngster among our fans . I was only 53 in 2000 the last quarter final game we were in .
I’m 77 now and praying that Pitino wins us a NCAA title .. Before he retires.

I disliked Calhoun more than Boeheim . Great Coach though . So is Hurley , who is cut from the same cloth as Calhoun in terms of winning . Nastily intense .

We are overdue for a BE Final . Way overdue .
I know you aren’t suppose to pray to God for relatively superficial things but , maybe today he helps us along .

Let’s Go Redmen .

I'm surprised how many people are confident we will be there tomorrow. Make no mistake, we are playing the best team in the country tonight. I am pumped up to have a shot at them, but not exactly penciling us in to Saturday yet.
I'm with you. Can anyone share any logical reason as to why we have a shot to win this game? First time we faced UConn with no Clingan. Second time with no Karaban. And now they are just firing on all cylinders. No weakness

I'm with you. Can anyone share any logical reason as to why we have a shot to win this game? First time we faced UConn with no Clingan. Second time with no Karaban. And now they are just firing on all cylinders. No weakness
It's a basketball game on our home court and we're playing as well as we have all year. Likely, no. Shocking, no!

BPI says 11% chance of victory.

If it's more than 1 in 10, then there's always hope, IMO! FTR, I don't think we'll win, but we will give them all we can. I'm sure of that.

If it's more than 1 in 10, then there's always hope, IMO! FTR, I don't think we'll win, but we will give them all we can. I'm sure of that.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

70? You are a youngster among our fans . I was only 53 in 2000 the last quarter final game we were in .
I’m 77 now and praying that Pitino wins us a NCAA title .. Before he retires.

I disliked Calhoun more than Boeheim . Great Coach though . So is Hurley , who is cut from the same cloth as Calhoun in terms of winning . Nastily intense .

We are overdue for a BE Final . Way overdue .
I know you aren’t suppose to pray to God for relatively superficial things but , maybe today he helps us along .

Let’s Go Redmen .
This is one of the problems with St Johns, we are all old guys, we haven't been able (rightfully) to get real interest from younger fans. Pitino will change that

KenPom has 25%. Either way, keep in mind they are fully healthy for the first time against us.

Back