(BET) (AP #2) #1 Connecticut, Fri., Mar. 15, 5:30p, FOX

Hey, first time in a long time I want more before summer. I really want a weird matchup like vs Gonzaga. 🙃

Honestly, the metrics of the loss look good and we should be in but I’m gonna say it. I’ve said enough about it already but Pitino’s insistence of keeping in Soriano is a gigantic reason why we lost. No doubt in my mind. Zuby HAS TO be brought in.

Don’t want to hear a word about Jenkins or Dingle. We get blown out of the building without them. Something for Dunlop to build on too.
Jenkins, Dingle, and Ledlum, put in yeomen's effort. Can't really fault them. We have to play and be coached perfectly to beat a team like UConn. Unfortunately, we insist on that ridiculous press. We scored 4 points off that press. UConn on the other had had 15 points on fastbreaks in the first half on a total of 3 TOs. We have a team that doesn't like to get back on defense, making try to keep up with a team as fast and talented as UConn for 94 feet is lunacy.

On the plus side we played the last 90 seconds with the goal to cover the spread so CASH THOSE TICKETS BOYS!

I thought the Gonzaga team 3 years ago was the best offensive team I had seen in a decade or so. They then almost lost to UCLA and then got manhandled by Baylor in the title game.

This UCONN team is awfully close. I honestly don't know how you guard them. You have to play man because they will shoot you out of the building if you go zone. But then you have to chase their shooters around screens for all game and then they run that weak side drag screen and throw the lob to Samson or Clingan.

I said after they beat PC I think Danny built the perfect team.

Honestly, the metrics of the loss look good and we should be in but I’m gonna say it. I’ve said enough about it already but Pitino’s insistence of keeping in Soriano is a gigantic reason why we lost. No doubt in my mind. Zuby HAS TO be brought in.

Don’t want to hear a word about Jenkins or Dingle. We get blown out of the building without them. Something for Dunlop to build on too.
Big basketball fan and player that respects and follows Pitino - but I do not see what others see in Soriano. Just an average back up big man at best in a big time program. I take UConn’s Johnson over him.

It isn't lack of competitiveness (will concede RJ and Joel have had lapses there). Just unable to defend competitively at too many positions. Agree they have gotten unacceptably out hustled to some loose balls tho, yes
So SJU loses by 5 but the “unacceptably out hustled to some loose balls” doesn’t factor? Having your center outfought for big defensive rebounds by guards down the stretch doesn’t factor? In my mind those are HUGE factors because NO TEAM can defend UConn when they shoot like they did today, where you win is by scoring, which we did and not giving them anything through lack of effort, which unfortunately, we did, all too many times. You want to beat a UConn, you GIVE them nothing because they are so good, they are going to earn plenty.

Jenkins, Dingle, and Ledlum, put in yeomen's effort. Can't really fault them. We have to play and be coached perfectly to beat a team like UConn. Unfortunately, we insist on that ridiculous press. We scored 4 points off that press. UConn on the other had had 15 points on fastbreaks in the first half on a total of 3 TOs. We have a team that doesn't like to get back on defense, making try to keep up with a team as fast and talented as UConn for 94 feet is lunacy.

On the plus side we played the last 90 seconds with the goal to cover the spread so CASH THOSE TICKETS BOYS!
Cannot criticize playing UConn tough all year in every game with only 5 turnovers. Just need to play dingle more

Back