(BET) (AP #2) #1 Connecticut, Fri., Mar. 15, 5:30p, FOX

Hurley: “I’m probably the boy who cried wolf now. I promise you, if we play Marquette tomorrow, there won’t be no incident because they’re a classy program with classy fans.
For some reason he has some kind of Marquette fetish. Noticed this after catching a press conference of his after their last game against MU

also, is there anything richer than the coach of Uconn trying to talk about “classy fans”? Get real

Well, I will leave my thoughts with this, metrics, schmetrics, if I am an SJU player, I am one pissed off SOB, because on a UConn really good day, we could have beat them straight up with just a little more collective fire in the belly.
Last word, why in the name of all that’s holy did Dunlap not see the court until the last minute of the 2nd half? And I don’t remember Eijofor playing much either. Pitino is a great, great coach but his thought patterns leading to substitutions must rival Jim from Taxi‘s brain waves.

And 2 defensive rebounds, two sides of the court to play on. And Clingan sat more than he played and Soriano still did nothing.
Joel is an unathletic big man whose main job in this offense is to set high screens and get offensive rebounds in a guard oriented offense. What exactly did you think he was going to do today against two quality big guys? 20 and 10?

He didnt play great but he battled all night. When somebody accuses a player of not showing up that doesn't mean he played like shit, that means he didnt try. Joel gave effort tonight. Thats all I'm saying.

For some reason he has some kind of Marquette fetish. Noticed this after catching a press conference of his after their last game against MU

also, is there anything richer than the coach of Uconn trying to talk about “classy fans”? Get real
Did he just say we aren't classy fans? How about the fan he challenged to a fight or the other one he mouthed off too. The fans aren't the problem it's you

Joel is an unathletic big man whose main job in this offense is to set high screens and get offensive rebounds in a guard oriented offense. What exactly did you think he was going to do today against two quality big guys? 20 and 10?

He didnt play great but he battled all night. When somebody accuses a player of not showing up that doesn't mean he played like shit, that means he didnt try. Joel gave effort tonight. Thats all I'm saying.
It should be noted that our offense took off after we stopped routinely feeding him the ball. He either gets a pass off a pick and roll, or grabs an offensive board to score. And that's fine.

One thing to add, Soriano has extraordinary weak hands. How many times does he fumble around or lose rebounds or loose balls. 2nd half was a little better than the first.

I don’t care about stats, I judge by the eye test and to me he did very, very little positively to impact that game. And we watched different games because I saw very little effort, I saw a lot of standing around watching and very little “battling”. We just disagree.

RP knows what type players he will need next year . Need a big man that can score consistently . Maybe a pure PG , let Wilcher be a combo ?
And , shooters at every position .
Let’s see how much Zuby , Dunlap and Wilcher develop over the off season .

In RP we trust .

I’m pissed we lost but the reality is last nights game made it much more palatable and if you would have told me UConn wouldn’t miss a shot I’d have thought we lose by 20. Not even going to sweat out this bubble stuff. It is what it is I’ll be booking airline ticket somewhere Sunday night

Zuby playing would have been better at points in the second half. He has a better motor than Soriano. Karban’s rebound and foul Joel was just standing there. Didn’t make an effort to secure the rebound.
Pitno owed it to Joel to let him play. He is the captain and Pitno honored him and his team role.

Back