Around the Big East

Iowa State-Villanova is on ESPN2 right now
Iowa State is 3-0, has good size and plays tough defense
They Cyclones are ahead by 4 with 7 minutes left in the first half
They will be a very formidable opponent for us in their building

I will have to miss the second half but Iowa State has been impressive on the road against Nova so far. I suspect we'll have our work cut out for us, especially on offense.

I will have to miss the second half but Iowa State has been impressive on the road against Nova so far. I suspect we'll have our work cut out for us, especially on offense.

Well 'Nova is on a longer road but yeah, IA State looks pretty good. They have some good big men and tough D. Biggest OOC challenge for sure.

Patrick Ewing just needs to step down. …..

Georgetown fans on its fan message board seem to be in total agreement with The Honorable MakingPlays.

The G’town fans are also critical of Ewings’ seemingly undistinguished staff and Ronny Thompson who serves as the programs CEO.

I have never seen a college basketball program have a “CEO”.

Interestingly some Georgetown fans are suggesting that the Jesuit’s hire Rick Pitino. How ironic it would be if Georgetown hired Pitino.

I feel the same way.
They do the same thing every game. They play really bad for 36 minutes, then try to turn it on the last 4 minutes. That's not going to work against any decent team.

People have been talking about their injuries, they still have 3 of their top 6 guys playing from that final 4 team, and 6 players that got playing time on that final 4 team. At absolute worst with their injuries they should still be a top 20 team.

Georgetown fans on its fan message board seem to be in total agreement with The Honorable MakingPlays.

The G’town fans are also critical of Ewings’ seemingly undistinguished staff and Ronny Thompson who serves as the programs CEO.

I have never seen a college basketball program have a “CEO”.

Interestingly some Georgetown fans are suggesting that the Jesuit’s hire Rick Pitino. How ironic it would be if Georgetown hired Pitino.

As a kid, Georgetown was one of my favorite teams to watch, I was a Iverson and John Thompson Jr. fan. Looking at what the program was back then to now is just sad. They need a homerun hire to restore some reputation to that program. Pitino might be the most realistic option for them at this point.

I don’t know what is best for us. If Iowa state beats nova and we were to beat Iowa state it would bode really well for us having two common opponents with nova who we beat and they lost. Could help us hold a considerable advantage head to head come resume time.

On other hand BE needs some help this year.

I don’t know what is best for us. If Iowa state beats nova and we were to beat Iowa state it would bode really well for us having two common opponents with nova who we beat and they lost. Could help us hold a considerable advantage head to head come resume time.

On other hand BE needs some help this year.

It would have been better if Nova won, because we play them at least twice. You always want the opponent you play more to win just for SOS purposes. However, if Iowa State ends up beating UNC tomorrow and is ranked by the time we play them and we beat them, they help more in the sense of the team getting ranked sooner and getting a very valuable Q1 win on the road.

It would have been better if Nova won, because we play them at least twice. You always want the opponent you play more to win just for SOS purposes. However, if Iowa State ends up beating UNC tomorrow and is ranked by the time we play them and we beat them, they help more in the sense of the team getting ranked sooner and getting a very valuable Q1 win on the road.
Yeah I get that and you’re probably right. But I feel like for as much as the NCAAT is 68 independent teams, often times conferences get a certain amount and it can come down to one team or another within a conference. I could easily foresee us and nova finishing around the same spot in the BE standings and having those two common opponents may give us the edge. But we can just take care of our own business regardless and none of it will matter.

3 loses already for nova. Brutal start for them.

If uconn loses to oregon tonight, the johnnies will be the only undefeated team in the BE.

Go ducks!!!

Yeah I get that and you’re probably right. But I feel like for as much as the NCAAT is 68 independent teams, often times conferences get a certain amount and it can come down to one team or another within a conference. I could easily foresee us and nova finishing around the same spot in the BE standings and having those two common opponents may give us the edge. But we can just take care of our own business regardless and none of it will matter.

Committee has already stated in the past they don't limit the number of teams one conference gets in. You can have 2 teams from the same conference be among the last 4 in, and have 6 other teams already in the field.

Also, if I was a betting man, Nova is not making the tournament this year, so I wouldn't worry about that problem anyways. Justin Moore coming back isn't going to fix their issues, having enough talent on the floor hasn't been a problem, they are playing down to their competition and just not playing hard until the last 2-3 minutes of the game. Unless something drastically changes for them they are going to really struggle in BE play.

Committee has already stated in the past they don't limit the number of teams one conference gets in. You can have 2 teams from the same conference be among the last 4 in, and have 6 other teams already in the field.

Also, if I was a betting man, Nova is not making the tournament this year, so I wouldn't worry about that problem anyways. Justin Moore coming back isn't going to fix their issues, having enough talent on the floor hasn't been a problem, they are playing down to their competition and just not playing hard until the last 2-3 minutes of the game. Unless something drastically changes for them they are going to really struggle in BE play.
I think getting Moore back will be huge but agree maybe not enough to get Villanova competitive for the conference title or guarantee an at large bid. The only thing that keeps me from counting them out is Whitmore though. He’s the unknown quantity. What is he? What if he’s clearly the best player in the Big East immediately?

Back