Around the Big East

One man’s opinion fwiw;

If I were Yukon I would not jump at Big 12 membership because the Big 12 membership would likely prevent future coupling with the leftovers from the ACC after that league splinters.

If I were Yukon I would not jump at Big 12 membership because the Big 12 membership would likely prevent future coupling with the leftovers from the ACC after that league splinters.
yukon would make it 17 members, same # as the current ACC. BIG 17 could then cherry pick the leftovers, with Miami, Clemson ND Florida St the obvious route to 20 schools. yukon has had talks with the BIG 12 for the past 2 years, but has balked at the entrance fee. If ever there was a time to make yukon an offer they can't refuse, this might be their last chance.

One man’s opinion fwiw;

Every year since UConn rejoined the Big East somebody comes out with one of these stories in the summer and predicting the move is imminent. While I have no doubt UConn is continuing to explore their options which could see them leaving the Big East, I don’t give much thought to these reports. It probably will happen and everyone wants to be the first to call it.

Back