Around the Big East

Georgetown was up by 25 points and let La Salle come back and tie the game with 2 minutes left. They are going to hold on and win, but Georgetown had some of the worst late game execution I've ever seen at the collegiate level.

Rough tournament for Providence. They lost to Miami and St. Louis who were both thrashed by Maryland. Big East needs to step up.
Agree on the step-up part. Unfortunately, this just in Oklahoma St beats Depaul 82 - 78, in Bahamas Championship (Baha-Mar Hoops)

The thing that bothered me the most about that situation was the lack of support and condemnation of McDermit from some school administrators and one particular assistant coach. They/he knew damn well the content in which that comment was made and that it was never meant to be offensive. The players forgave the comment cause they had enough sense to see it for what it was, a poorly made comment, a mistake, that was never meant to offend anyone.
His players spoke out against it at first also. The forgiveness came afterwards.

And with the league struggling, a scrappy group of kids from Queens seize the moment and...
Was thinking this too... Need UConn / Creighton to keep winning to have some ranked teams come League play.... dont think the BE has a signature win yet. Crieghton getting to the Maui final will be a help

Originally thought chance for a 4-5 BE Dance teams. Early but 3-4 may not be out of the question unless things pick up
It's been disappointing thus far, there's no sugarcoating that. But, it's still early, teams have only played 4 or 5 out of their 11 non-conference games, so it's not even half-way through the non-conference yet. The BE can still turn it around a lot big games coming up this week. Every BE school with the exception of Providence and Georgetown is scheduled to play in at least 1 quality opponent this week.

I still think Creighton, UConn, Xavier, St. John's, Seton Hall, Marquette, and Butler have all met expectations to this point and avoided bad losses. We'll know a whole lot more at the end of this week.

Not a good sign on the recruiting trail for Seton Hall that Holloway wasn't able to land any recruits in the early signing period and he's been vocally complaining about how hard it is to get kids to sign to Seton Hall with NIL in place.

Creighton and Texas Tech tied 31-31 at the half. Kalkbrenner went to the locker room with a possible ankle sprain before halftime.

Update: Kalkbrenner apparently is ok. Back in the game in the second half. Creighton with a 9 point lead with 12 minutes to go in the game. Would be the best win so far for the BE which makes me a reluctant Blue Jay fan today.

Last edited:
Rooting big time for Creighton and UConn to rack up some good wins in their respective tournaments. Easier to pull for Creighton than UConn but I’m only rooting for the Huskies so they have a bigger fall when we beat them twice.

Back