Around College Basketball

Non-compete clauses are different state by state and I believe FTC just banned non-competes federally, although that will be challenged in courts. Either way, don't believe non-competes would be applicable here
Thanks! I see it just happened

They can have him. 2 million that’s a joke. A fool and his mo why is soon departed. This is no knock on his game. It’s just suck a waste of mo why. And theses schools need to come to their senses. Make some cap or guidelines. This is not sustainable.
Wait until the donators get buyers remorse when the player and team fail.

I don't buy the $2M

If you are school you're not going to admit that you offered more and he took less because it was a better chance at the NBA.

It came from a player or his 'team' and they have everyone by the balls. Its all a game of lies. Nothing is real.
Did it say he took less than that?

They can have him. 2 million that’s a joke. A fool and his mo why is soon departed. This is no knock on his game. It’s just suck a waste of mo why. And theses schools need to come to their senses. Make some cap or guidelines. This is not sustainable.
Wait until the donators get buyers remorse when the player and team fail.
Unfortunately, official caps and guidelines have always been in place...always been ignored, always been cheated.

It's like gun laws, keep writing them, but criminals never follow them.

It is going to be fascinating to see what happens with all of the portal pickups around college basketball. You would think that some guys who hit pay dirt may not perform as their teams expected - a lot is going to depend on character and coaching I think. And coaching can't fix some things.

The chemistry dynamic on teams with haves and have nots or haves and have mores is going to be a thing also.

Whole new world out there. Good that the players are getting more benefits out of it, but unlikely to be better for the game.

It is going to be fascinating to see what happens with all of the portal pickups around college basketball. You would think that some guys who hit pay dirt may not perform as their teams expected - a lot is going to depend on character and coaching I think. And coaching can't fix some things.

The chemistry dynamic on teams with haves and have nots or haves and have mores is going to be a thing also.

Whole new world out there. Good that the players are getting more benefits out of it, but unlikely to be better for the game.
I’m waiting to see how the mega donors from major programs react when their dollars don’t get them to the Final Four.

Back