Around College Basketball

Not sure which point guards Utah even has on roster, but I had to bet, I'd say Braden Housley was just lured out to the portal by them in attempt to ease the pain of losing Smith.

Trilly saying Karaban is likely to return. Mahaney also commited to UConn. They're going to be favorites to start the year. Wild.

Brea is taking a visit to Kentucky.

Trilly saying Karaban is likely to return. Mahaney also commited to UConn. They're going to be favorites to start the year. Wild.

Brea is taking a visit to Kentucky.
Karaban is so goodā€¦ugggh. At least we have Scott to slow him down.

So if the discussion centers around a $20 million salary cap the two key questions are:

1. Does that include football?
2. Is it inclusive of NIL (i.e. the schools effectively "buy" the NIL as part of the deal)?

If the answer to both is "yes" then it probably leaves the Big East competitive with the Power 5 since a lot of the salary cap will get sucked up by football and NIL will go away as a separate entity.

If the answer to either/both is no then it would really cement a two-tier system since nobody will be able to compete with the P5 which will pass on the costs to their TV partners sooner or later

Worth bearing in mind that only the P5 conferences are in the discussion, I think, plus the NCAA for (theoretically) everyone else.

Back