Around College Basketball

SJU needs to work on getting in this Tourney in the future. I know it was discussed earlier. The only thing is if you play in this I don't think you will have room for an MTE Tourney. That assumes this NIL Tourney is not even considered an MTE in itself.

I know there’s no rules with NIL, but how could something like this be legal? Wouldn’t this essentially be a pay for play situation?

SJU needs to work on getting in this Tourney in the future. I know it was discussed earlier. The only thing is if you play in this I don't think you will have room for an MTE Tourney. That assumes this NIL Tourney is not even considered an MTE in itself.

Need to get in this for 2025. Definitely down for a trip to Vegas in November.

Overseas games have the ability to create NIL passive income which is allowed under student visas. Marketing teams can set up photo shoots and the like which can then be used in advertisements at a later date. I believe the Kentucky Michigan game (I think it was last year) was used for this purpose. It’s apparently becoming a trend. I read s omewhere that the Kentucky/Michigan game was used for this purpose.

Players are being compensated now. 40 game regular season is in order, starting in October.
Would like to see that # closer to 50 over time so we can compete with football a little bit. Football teams are playing 80% of a full NFL schedule and basketball isn’t even 50% of the NBA.

Would like to see that # closer to 50 over time so we can compete with football a little bit. Football teams are playing 80% of a full NFL schedule and basketball isn’t even 50% of the NBA.
Hey id love to watch 75 sju games every year, but don’t you think the travel for games kind of makes that more of a challenge for basketball?

Hey id love to watch 75 sju games every year, but don’t you think the travel for games kind of makes that more of a challenge for basketball?
Absolutely, but you can squeeze multiple games out in short periods of time unlike football. Plus, the basketball season is littered with long holidays and breaks.

Sorry, but I think that’s one of the problems that the NBA has. There are so many games, that no one game means anything in the NBA. You have to wait until the playoffs for them to mean anything. I’d like to see more games — maybe 35 - but after that . .

Of course players are also still expected to meet academic requirements. Impossible to do that with 50 games

Sorry, but I think that’s one of the problems that the NBA has. There are so many games, that no one game means anything in the NBA. You have to wait until the playoffs for them to mean anything. I’d like to see more games — maybe 35 - but after that . .

Of course players are also still expected to meet academic requirements. Impossible to do that with 50 games
The NBA regular season became meaningless long after they went to 82 games. MLB plays 162 games and doesn’t have the same meaningless feeling. There are more baseball posts here in a weekend than the NBA gets in two months during the regular season.

If basketball schools want to even be on the same planet as football schools financially, they have to play more games.

College football teams are playing 14-15 games now. The NFL plays just 17 and that only recently was moved up from 16.

The NBA regular season became meaningless long after they went to 82 games. MLB plays 162 games and doesn’t have the same meaningless feeling. There are more baseball posts here in a weekend than the NBA gets in two months during the regular season.

If basketball schools want to even be on the same planet as football schools financially, they have to play more games.

College football teams are playing 14-15 games now. The NFL plays just 17 and that only recently was moved up from 16.
Slight correction by dear Marillac-NFL 17 regular season plus potential 4 more for a playoff team. College 12 regular season with potential of 5 post season games for playoff teams.

Back