Around College Basketball

My youngest son went there in the mid 90's. It is a great city. Have been there many times. However, it has grown and expanded over the years and as a result some common urban problems have arrived, especially traffic problems impacting commuter times. The new problems do not impact studets who reside on campus. Also, there is nothing like attending a UT football game with all its pageantry and later going to a basketball game.
That's for sure, the abundance of sporting events is always attractive. And the city's problems - well, they're everywhere. We're waiting for air cabs :)

“The NCAA put Memphis on three years of probation with a public reprimand and a fine, but declined to punish Tigers coach Penny Hardaway or hand down an NCAA Tournament ban.”

- The Associated Press

A big push is underway by ADs and the media to get fans to accept expansion to the NCAA Tournament. I think it's inevitable the tournament expands sooner rather than later. 96 teams is their ultimate goal but think it's possible they go to 72 for a couple years first.

A big push is underway by ADs and the media to get fans to accept expansion to the NCAA Tournament. I think it's inevitable the tournament expands sooner rather than later. 96 teams is their ultimate goal but think it's possible they go to 72 for a couple years first.
I think it should be a truly "open" tournament with all division one teams participating similar to the FA cup for English soccer. Everyone loved St. Peter's Cinderella run this year--think about the potential Cinderella stories in an open NCAA tournament.

The number of Division 1 teams continues to expand, so expanding the tournament makes sense, IMO. To me, the percentage of D1 teams that make the tournament should be relatively consistent, especially WRT at-large bids.

The number of Division 1 teams continues to expand, so expanding the tournament makes sense, IMO. To me, the percentage of D1 teams that make the tournament should be relatively consistent, especially WRT at-large bids.
They are not looking to add teams from the AQ conferences that get one team in a year. They are looking to have 12 Big Ten teams instead of 8.

Back