Around College Basketball

UCLA & Cronin have been selling BW on playing on wing a lot, while this kid is more of a power guy at 6’10

Interesting read in an article a cousin shared with me on rotation size in college basketball over the past few years. SJU is on the higher side with an average of 8.6 players playing at least 8 mpg.

Interesting read in an article a cousin shared with me on rotation size in college basketball over the past few years. SJU is on the higher side with an average of 8.6 players playing at least 8 mpg.

With the style Coach Anderson prefers, a bigger rotation is better.

Plus, I've always felt that, while depth can be overrated sometimes, the lack of depth never is. 8 or 9 is probably the ideal number, but I want 10 or 11 serious options to play that amount. The last spots would be interchangable by opponent, or what we need on the floor at that specific time, in addition to protect against injury and foul trouble.

College football related, but just goes to show the disparity between the haves and have nots. Saw this on ESPN:

The Texas Longhorns football program isn't holding back in its recruiting visits, but the effort paid off this summer to the tune of the currently No. 3-ranked recruiting class led by No. 2 quarterback Arch Manning.

According to public records obtained by The Athletic, the Longhorns spent nearly $630,000 on two recruiting weekends in June, including the June 17-19 official visit by Manning and eight other recruits that featured five-star accommodations and virtually all-you-can-eat fare for them and their families.

Heard from a friend, who is knowledgeable re West Virginia sports, that the staff has been very impressed with Iowa transfer, PG Joe Toussaint, a Cardinal Hayes alum.
Makes sense. He did some good things at Iowa. Not a good three point shooter but does everything else well. Has improved his 2 point percentage every year. Very good passer, fast and gets a lot of steals.

College football related, but just goes to show the disparity between the haves and have nots. Saw this on ESPN:

The Texas Longhorns football program isn't holding back in its recruiting visits, but the effort paid off this summer to the tune of the currently No. 3-ranked recruiting class led by No. 2 quarterback Arch Manning.

According to public records obtained by The Athletic, the Longhorns spent nearly $630,000 on two recruiting weekends in June, including the June 17-19 official visit by Manning and eight other recruits that featured five-star accommodations and virtually all-you-can-eat fare for them and their families.
I read the article. First off, I love Austin. I have been there on several occasions and a lot of places to go for good food and live music. I did not stay at the hotel mentioned in the article but always stay at another one right off the lake and park and always get a room over looking the lake.

I can definitely see how one would be impressEd with the city and stadium let alone when you spend the money they did to pull out all of the bells and whistles. Makes I much tougher for the have-nots.

My youngest son went there in the mid 90's. It is a great city. Have been there many times. However, it has grown and expanded over the years and as a result some common urban problems have arrived, especially traffic problems impacting commuter times. The new problems do not impact studets who reside on campus. Also, there is nothing like attending a UT football game with all its pageantry and later going to a basketball game.

Back