Around College Basketball

I know we're not enough of a household name these days to warrant such a game, but even if we played Columbia on the deck of the Intrepid it would do nice ratings. Combining sports with patriotism is generally a sure thing. Even casual fans eat that stuff up.
I know they were successful with such a game in the past on a carrier in the past but IIRC the last time they tried they had to cancel a scheduled double header due to condensation on the court.

It's a shame since they were the only major conference outside of the Big East that I never hated.
Overall yes. But I had a very strong dislike for Oregon and all of its Nike money. Not to mention always coming up with whacky looking color schemes for their uniforms.

Overall yes. But I had a very strong dislike for Oregon and all of its Nike money. Not to mention always coming up with whacky looking color schemes for their uniforms.
Some of the uniforms in football and the helmets (the all platinum colored ones) were cool but some were indeed wacky.

Their basketball court makes me cringe every time I see it.

Back