AD Search

...someone simply AS COMPETENT as Cragg. After all, it was Cragg who identified the facilities problem, looked into expanding capacity as CA, addressed fan complaints of no seatbacks (albeit with a failed solution)....
I am not gonna pretend to admit to know what it takes to be a successful AD of a Big time program.... but not sure if your statement was made in jest... cause I think anyone with eyes can see we had a "facilities" problem.... wouldn't put that checkmark in the bucket of "Competent".... plus the additions of Seatbacks made the fan experience at CA much worse (esp for those 6'0+)...

He did add Booze though... for that he was successful in my book.... and he "was" responsive on twitter during times we strung together wins...

I am not gonna pretend to admit to know what it takes to be a successful AD of a Big time program.... but not sure if your statement was made in jest... cause I think anyone with eyes can see we had a "facilities" problem.... wouldn't put that checkmark in the bucket of "Competent".... plus the additions of Seatbacks made the fan experience at CA much worse (esp for those 6'0+)...

He did add Booze though... for that he was successful in my book.... and he "was" responsive on twitter during times we strung together wins...
Facilities is not the arena. This has been clarified many times. When Cragg arrived, he took me on a tour of "facilities" at court level at CA. I was shocked that almost nothing had been improved since I had graduated decades ago. Official visits carefully avoid the worst of it. Before NIL this was the tip priority. But even with NIL Rick has urged the school to improve facilities for basketball players, goading Shanley by telling him he had gone to Providence recently and they had great facilities and ours are the worst in the Big east. Again, arena and athletic training facilities not the same thing.

Hope Ed gets the job, good guy. Can raise money for the other sports. Do not know why the board wasted 15k on a retained search. Should have given our board the money.

Where is SJU with the ad search , the school year is underway and we have no ad. ? Is John Diffley the permanent ad ?

Where is SJU with the ad search , the school year is underway and we have no ad. ? Is John Diffley the permanent ad ?
Wrong thread, try the “AD Search” thread for updates. I believe Zach B. Twitted (and a poster posted it) he believes we will have one in a couple of weeks.

If true (and no reason to believe otherwise) No.big surprise though I do think having the search firm test the waters would have considered a stronger candidate if one materialized. As a key decision maker told me, 'We are looking for a unicorn, one that may not be out there."

I wonder if a major donation for the basketball facility will follow from someone.

Premature but welcome back Ed. Your dream was your ticket out. We know the rest of the song.

If true (and no reason to believe otherwise) No.big surprise though I do think having the search firm test the waters would have considered a stronger candidate if one materialized. As a key decision maker told me, 'We are looking for a unicorn, one that may not be out there."

I wonder if a major donation for the basketball facility will follow from someone.

Premature but welcome back Ed. Your dream was your ticket out. We know the rest of the song.
Thought we hired Ed Kull not Gabe Kotter. 🤪

I think they were looking for a stronger, unicorn like hire, but one probably didn’t materialize. It was worth a shot.

Nonetheless, I think this is a good hire.

Welcome back Ed.

Yeah I heard it is Eddie and here he is taking it.

It is a great hire and loss for Fordham. He is done a great job, terrific fundraiser. Was very close to President Tetlow. But I think the allure of coaching at a high major with Repole's money and a Pitino coached MBB team is too much. Plus he is an alum.

Homecoming is this Saturday up at Rose Hill. Always see him. Be interesting if this thing gets wrapped up before that.

Back