Ackerman should be fired

It seems the “bid stealers” only stole bids from the Big East, not from the major football conferences. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.
Maybe because we had three teams on the bubble??? Who knows?

Your logic only works if it's applied evenly to other teams that made it over us. Virginia, Michigan State and others all had similar or worst warts than SJU or Seton Hall. Yet they are in and BE teams are out... Of course each individual team could have done better but if you don't think this is a dereliction of duty on her part for doing a piss poor job of having any, I mean ANY impact on that committee its beyond comprehension.

The Big East was the second best BASKETBALL conference in the NCAA with the overall best team... She is and has been terrible at her job, in all functions..
My logic is based on what my team did or didn’t do. Don’t worry about other teams, do what you need to do and you don’t have to worry about other teams. If we did that we wouldn’t be talking about Virginia (who in I believe the Bubble thread earlier this weekend that they were in) or Michigan State apparently never were on the bubble and seem to be made of teflon. Neither one of those teams impress me and you get no argument from me that they should have been left out. It still doesn’t mean we would be in.

As I said in one of the earlier post in this thread, I am not a fan of Val and I will add to that, I am not trying to defend her overall job performance or leadership which is uninspiring at best. However, I am not going to blame her for our failure get to the NCAAs

St. John's should leave Big East, and move to Patriot league or another mid major league. At there, get 90% winning ratio and tournament championship, then we are in NCAA 64 every year.
Sarcastic Joke GIF

St. John's should leave Big East, and move to Patriot league or another mid major league. At there, get 90% winning ratio and tournament championship, then we are in NCAA 64 every year.
Ridiculous. First and foremost, if such q move was made we would not get the recruits we get now so forget about automatically getting a bid every year. Also CRP would be gone.

What is this 2009 and Norm Roberts is coaching, last thing we should do is drop conferences. Val Ackerman is awful, she let Cooley go from Providence to Georgetown that should not happen in conference, without a year wait IMHO. Val please send out a press release something.

Has Val released a statement or made any public comments? Where the hell is our commissioner? The time to say something was tonight. Nobody cares about snubs come Monday morning everyone moves on to filling out the bracket.

This is a letter that the Providence Athletic Director shared with ticket holders, donors, etc

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.
Dear Friartown,

I want to thank every season ticket holder, donor and fan who has given our men’s basketball program so much support this season.

We are disappointed in not being selected to compete in the NCAA Tournament. The BIG EAST, which has produced three of the last seven NCAA Champions, is the premier basketball conference in the country. We believe the BIG EAST Conference is underrepresented in this year's NCAA Tournament and we will work together as a conference to better position our teams in the future.

All season we have competed under the mantras of Mindset and Purpose with Passion. We will continue to compete in the NIT with these same principles. We hope that you will continue to support our student-athletes along the way.

On behalf of Head Coach Kim English and our entire men's basketball program, I want to thank you again for the unprecedented support you have shown, and I look forward to seeing you during the postseason.

Go Friars!
Image removed by sender.
Steve Napolillo
Athletic Director

My logic is based on what my team did or didn’t do. Don’t worry about other teams, do what you need to do and you don’t have to worry about other teams. If we did that we wouldn’t be talking about Virginia (who in I believe the Bubble thread earlier this weekend that they were in) or Michigan State apparently never were on the bubble and seem to be made of teflon. Neither one of those teams impress me and you get no argument from me that they should have been left out. It still doesn’t mean we would be in.

As I said in one of the earlier post in this thread, I am not a fan of Val and I will add to that, I am not trying to defend her overall job performance or leadership which is uninspiring at best. However, I am not going to blame her for our failure get to the NCAAs
That's the problem. We did do what we needed to do to get into the tournament and got f'd by the committee. We had better metrics, better wins and better losses then the other bubble teams, yet the committee still decided to keep us out. Makes absolutely no sense.

Fox Sports is also a loser since the selection of only 3 Big East schools devalues its product.
Also terribly lessens the value in the next contract! Not getting teams in also short changes the Conference in revenue from tournament It’s a very real possibility that North Carolina laid down to get NC State into the dance to increse the revenue for the ACC. It didn’t cost them a thing They still got a number 1 seed and certainly don’t pass the eye test their!

Need a new commissioner. Other than Uconn being overall no 1. seed the conference viewed as mid major. Two teams get into the field other than Uconn the committee set up Marquette and Creighton to go first weekend. I want her gone get someone who push this conference to new heights. We lost 8 out of 10 but Big Bird did us no favors. If you want to keep she/her/they tell me what they hsvr done that’s spectacular?
I mean she’s a big the reason the Big East exists in its current state after all the football teams left for other conferences. If you remember we were the Catholic seven for a while until Val came in and got Xavier, Creighton, and Bulter on board. And she needed that Fox deal to get those guys out of the A-10. That 13 yr 500 year deal she was a part of saved our league.

Yeah I wish she have been working the media as hard as Danny Hurley but no BE commissioner is going to have anywhere close to the influences even group of 5 football conferences have. But sure let’s make fun of her looks for some odd reason and make up gender identities for someone because the NCAA didn’t pick us.

Last edited:
That's the problem. We did do what we needed to do to get into the tournament and got f'd by the committee. We had better metrics, better wins and better losses than the other bubble teams, yet the committee still decided to keep us out. Makes absolutely no sense.
We have a difference on our take of the team doing what they needed to do on the court. To me, we didn’t win enough and losing to BC and Michigan in NYC, blowing a huge lead and losing to Seton Hall in Nassau County were examples. The Metrics might say we did, but this year those metrics right or wrong, did not get us in.

Back