Ackerman should be fired

Bottom line is WE didn’t do enough, I mean we were holding onto the fact we hung in with and lost a close game to UCONN to bolster our chances to making it to the dance. Kind of sad.
Are you even reading my replies because I am done with this discussion. I am discussing the conference collective and the political and financial application of multiple criteria by the NCAA, I acknowledged that criteria can be used to exclude SJU as it could to exclude a lot of the at large teams that were selected. Have a nice night

I know that, come on, it was a rhetorical question. And we just disagree if you think this had nothing to do with football. EVERYTHING the NCAA has done in the last 5 years or so is only about football.
This is the basketball tournament not a referendum on football which has already happened. I probable pay more attention to College Football and have been for past 40 years plus than many on the site. This has more to do with expanding the Tournament than football.

The mega conferences got a lot of bids, no surprise and no different than recent years.

Folks the only thing that changed is you had an abnormal post season with multiple bid stealers from different conferences that received automatic bids forcing many bubble teams off the bubble and into oblivion.

Bottom line is WE didn’t do enough, I mean we were holding onto the fact we hung in with and lost a close game to UCONN to bolster our chances to making it to the dance. Kind of sad.
See I don’t think that’s why we got 3 bids and that is the problem. That doesn’t make sense giving other conferences 8 bids that were half as good as our conference schools. We had great ratings in every metric. Our conference performed well, but we were treated like a second class citizen. This is a bigger problem. It isn’t based on us not doing enough. Other conferences given massive bud numbers and there’s a problem with the current formula.

This is the basketball tournament not a referendum on football which has already happened. I probable pay more attention to College Football and have been for past 40 years plus than many on the site. This has more to do with expanding the Tournament than football.

The mega conferences got a lot of bids, no surprise and no different than recent years.

Folks the only thing that changed is you had an abnormal post season with multiple bid stealers from different conferences that received automatic bids forcing many bubble teams off the bubble and into oblivion.
It seems the “bid stealers” only stole bids from the Big East, not from the major football conferences. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

See I don’t think that’s why we got 3 bids and that is the problem. That doesn’t make sense giving other conferences 8 bids that were half as good as our conference schools. We had great ratings in every metric. Our conference performed well, but we were treated like a second class citizen. This is a bigger problem. It isn’t based on us not doing enough. Other conferences given massive bud numbers and there’s a problem with the current formula.
Is this a new or revised formula from what has been used in the past?

It seems the “bid stealers” only stole bids from the Big East, not from the major football conferences. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.
Good point. Doesn’t change my feeling that we didn’t do enough.

Good point. Doesn’t change my feeling that we didn’t do enough.
We did enough and our metrics did enough. So did Seton Hall and maybe even Providence. We had high NET rankings, were second in conference rankings. Yet we are falling on a sword saying we didn’t do enough, winning half of the national championships in last 10 years? I’m not buying it. 3 teams in tells a bigger story. It’s inequitable in a year that we are very strong. A year when SJU, seton hall and providence could smash half the field. It stinks of foul play to me. I don’t think we didn’t do enough. I think we are being choked out by money and football somehow.

KenPom rated Big East 2nd best in the country. Only got three bids. Clearly something is way off with our brand. Don't ask me what she's supposed to do. I don't know. That's her job. She failed.
Seems like the committee doesn’t give two craps about KenPom

We did enough and our metrics did enough. So did Seton Hall and maybe even Providence. We had high NET rankings, were second in conference rankings. Yet we are falling on a sword saying we didn’t do enough, winning half of the national championships in last 10 years? I’m not buying it. 3 teams in tells a bigger story. It’s inequitable in a year that we are very strong. A year when SJU, seton hall and providence could smash half the field. It stinks of foul play to me. I don’t think we didn’t do enough. I think we are being choked out by money and football somehow.
If we win the games on the court this is a moot point. We didn’t. I have always been of the opinion you make a break yourselves with what you do on the field or court taking it out of committee hands. We didn’t do that despite the metrics (which can be used for or against you).

I agree the BE should have gotten more than three and I am disappointed we didn’t make it but after watching this team, we had our destiny in our hands and in several instances, we blew games we shouldn’t have. Win two of those games and are we having this debate about us not being in the tournament.

Every year there are teams who feel they deserved to be in that don’t get in. Unfortunately that is our, Seton Hall’s and Providence’s fate.

Big East carried its weight in terms of seedings of the three teams that made it (all top 25 teams) but didn’t for the next three.

She’s got less juice than Jamba
She’s got less juice than a rock.
What the hell have they been doing all week to allow this to happen? I would have been straight up threatening to go scorched earth if we didn't get at least 5 teams in.

This is an existential event to the conference. It will be used against it in recruiting, hiring coaches, retaining programs, possible expansion, and so on. 3 teams!!!!!

No Val fan and could care less if she goes. However, it is not her fault Seton Hall had a crappy out of conference schedule, St. John’s had too many bad loses against teams (BC, Michigan) and blowing leads, Providence loses their best/second best player, Nova has a suspect coach and might be short on talent and the rest of the also rans.

While it might be disappointing and surprising, this was trending as a reality more and more over the weekend. The bid stealers did it not the Commissioner. According to the the Chair of the Committee, Seton Hall was the next BE team up, not us and there is no guarantee that we were ahead of Providence either.

Don’t blame others for our misfortune. It is time to metaphorically look in the mirror at ourselves because the blame falls squarely on us. We didn’t do what it took to make it this year. Maybe it would have been in prior or future years, but not this year and that is the bottom line.
Your logic only works if it's applied evenly to other teams that made it over us. Virginia, Michigan State and others all had similar or worst warts than SJU or Seton Hall. Yet they are in and BE teams are out... Of course each individual team could have done better but if you don't think this is a dereliction of duty on her part for doing a piss poor job of having any, I mean ANY impact on that committee its beyond comprehension.

The Big East was the second best BASKETBALL conference in the NCAA with the overall best team... She is and has been terrible at her job, in all functions...

Back