2024-25 Season

Pitino: “I think the guy with the most upside on the team is Vince (Iwuchukwu, the USC transfer). He’s not where Kadary is, he’s not where Zuby is, but he has the most upside. So does Ruben (Prey).” #sjubb
My boner magnifies daily.

Pitino: “I think the guy with the most upside on the team is Vince (Iwuchukwu, the USC transfer). He’s not where Kadary is, he’s not where Zuby is, but he has the most upside. So does Ruben (Prey).” #sjubb
My boner magnifies daily.
I don't see any real upside for Vince. This feels like Pitino ulterior motives once again. Would love to be extremely wrong.

I don't see any real upside for Vince. This feels like Pitino ulterior motives once again. Would love to be extremely wrong.
7’1” with every physical tool imaginable, good motor and has decent skills I think his upside is through the roof if Pitino polishes his game and toughens him up. Reminds me of Hassan Whiteside build-wise if he bulks up some, not saying he’s that good of course. Can’t wait to see him against Kalkbrenner.

7’1” with every physical tool imaginable, good motor and has decent skills I think his upside is through the roof if Pitino polishes his game and toughens him up. Reminds me of Hassan Whiteside build-wise if he bulks up some, not saying he’s that good of course. Can’t wait to see him against Kalkbrenner.
The 7’1 build is obviously fantastic. Cant teach size. It’s just odd he doesn’t really block shots. I don’t think he plays as big as he is.

Vince averaged 1.6 blocks per 40 minutes last season. Whitside for example averaged 8.2 blocks per 40 minutes as a freshmen.Of course whitside is also one of the all time collegiate shot blockers.

The 7’1 build is obviously fantastic. Cant teach size. It’s just odd he doesn’t really block shots. I don’t think he plays as big as he is.

Vince averaged 1.6 blocks per 40 minutes last season. Whitside for example averaged 8.2 blocks per 40 minutes as a freshmen.Of course whitside is also one of the all time collegiate shot blockers.
Definitely needs to get those numbers up. Curious was he a bad rim protector though? Soriano was at 2.5 per 40 and rim protection was not a strength of his at all. Tyson Chandler was a great rim protector but never put up the crazy block numbers one would assume, granted that’s the NBA but you get my point.

Every physical tool imaginable is an exceedingly charitable description. He is a plodder to me. His lack of shotblocking at that size is actually crazy. Just put your arms in the air and you’ll block 2 a game.

I think he will contribute the most on offense with rebounding and dunks. Pitino wants a centerfielder on defense, and I don’t think that’s him. I do think that’s Maker, but not this year.

Would love to be off on this and have my face rubbed in the gaffe for years.

Every physical tool imaginable is an exceedingly charitable description. He is a plodder to me. His lack of shotblocking at that size is actually crazy. Just put your arms in the air and you’ll block 2 a game.

I think he will contribute the most on offense with rebounding and dunks. Pitino wants a centerfielder on defense, and I don’t think that’s him. I do think that’s Maker, but not this year.

Would love to be off on this and have my face rubbed in the gaffe for years.
Looks like he runs the floor end to end very well at that size. Switching and half-court defense I have no knowledge of so I won’t comment on that. Blocks and rim protection are not the same just like steals doesn’t make you a great perimeter defender. Now I’m not sure he’s either but maybe you know and can fill me in.

We will see how the consistent rotations shake out.

If the 2-4 is him, Kadary and Scott in any combination, which I hope we see a lot of, then I could see where RJ would be guarding 2s. Scott to me is the most equipped to guard the bigger forwards and Kadary will be given the lesser threat of the other two wings so he can roam around and avoid fouls. Kadarys best attribute there is as a help defender using his hands and reach, but the same could be said for RJ.

If it’s Dunlap, Luis, and Scott. I would see Dunlap as the last option for guarding the 2, and again would lean towards Scott guarding the bigger option.
Kadary started on Harper on got 2 fouls early. RJ did great on him late and Scott was a really good matchup for Bailey once he got locked in.

Back