2024-25 Season

Haslametrics dropped their preseason rankings today. SJU 54th. Very low and pretty big gap between them and Bart which has us 16th. KenPom usually drops end of October

The Haslametrics site predicts a conference record of 8-12, which includes 2 losses to 'Nova, a loss at SH and a loss at Butler. Personally, I don't see that happening, but it does show that even in a year where the Big East supposedly has less talent than last year, this conference is always tough. My personal opinion is that the team: (a) at a minimum, picks up 11 BE wins; (b) most likely, picks up 12 BE wins, and (c) has potential to pick up 13 or more BE wins.

With that said, at the end of the day, predictions mean nothing. Among other things, heart and hustle are not quantifiable for stats. It's why we play the game.

The Haslametrics site predicts a conference record of 8-12, which includes 2 losses to 'Nova, a loss at SH and a loss at Butler. Personally, I don't see that happening, but it does show that even in a year where the Big East supposedly has less talent than last year, this conference is always tough. My personal opinion is that the team: (a) at a minimum, picks up 11 BE wins; (b) most likely, picks up 12 BE wins, and (c) has potential to pick up 13 or more BE wins.

With that said, at the end of the day, predictions mean nothing. Among other things, heart and hustle are not quantifiable for stats. It's why we play the game.
The metrics are almost pointless now. We have an overhauled roster. There aren’t enough data to make a meaningful prediction in either direction.

This team will either be good or very good. There is no question whatsoever that this team dances. The most likely result is a 4-6 seed.

Well maybe you shouldn’t as the article is written by a guy who actually ranked us 16th and says we will contend for big East championship but than again that still might not be high enough for you 🤣
It has the #30 next to us. That's when I threw in the flag.

Back