2024-25 Season

Luis won’t have as long a leash this year. If he doesn’t fall in line for whatever reason Pitino has options to replace him and still win games, on paper at least. I doubt that will be an issue though. Why not transfer to a school that would allow him to do what ever he wants if that’s the case?

Right. I agree some of it was startling. Some of it you’d think would have been addressed at the middle school level. And I’m positive Pitino tried last year without much success. But im not sure if you or lawman are saying coaching can’t help improve it any more.
I am not saying that at all; my point is more addressed to Luis as this “sure thing” player, that the only thing holding him back was his shin splints. I just don’t even begin to buy that, and my point in addressing your post was that Pitino did not come here to run practices to teach players things they should have learned in middle school. That doesn’t mean Luis can’t learn or improve, of course he can, but last year was last year and I saw a ton of potential, a lot of good and a lot of bad, which makes him far from a sure thing in my mind.
A serious possibility to be an impact player, yes, sure thing, no.

Yeah not brilliantly stated (work gets in the way of a fully formed thought sometimes) but the intended point of that comment was

(a) maybe he either did not get or did not listen to good coaching tin the past (i.e. H.S. and UMass)
(b) the fact that he chose to return (assuming not purely NIL driven) implies that he has at least some willingness to be coached by this staff after having been with them last year and
(c) if that is the case and if he listens, it could do his decision-making a world of good and unlock the physical talent since there is no question at all about Pitino's ability to coach up players.
Ok we reached the silly stage of this exchange. You each have viewpoints. Respect that and move on. We all hope Luis prospers! Time will tell!

Don’t read if you don’t like the exchanges, you’re allowed to not only only express yourself but decide when others should stop? Arrogance umlimited!!!!!
Just trying to be helpful. Two different opinions. Well stated. Time will tell who is more corect. Mea culpa.

Back