2024-2025 Schedule

Has anyone heard whether the New Mexico game on Sunday November 17th is a afternoon game?
My educated guess would be afternoon, especially since the Jets play a home game on Sunday Night Football.

My educated guess would be afternoon, especially since the Jets play a home game on Sunday Night Football.
Sunday Night Football is flexible, and the NBA might put the Knicks home that day.

Plus, there's the matter of FS1, and what time they want the game.

Totally 50/50, IMO.

Sunday Night Football is flexible, and the NBA might put the Knicks home that day.

Plus, there's the matter of FS1, and what time they want the game.

Totally 50/50, IMO.
That being said, I’ll go with 90/10 considering it’s a Sunday. Since the inception of the Big East, we have never played a Sunday night game at MSG.

Don’t know how you guys remember this stuff. Forgot what I had for lunch today :)
Because of family obligations that weekend, I probably would not have been able to make that game if it had been Saturday afternoon, Saturday night, or Sunday afternoon, although I would have tried.

That's how I knew that.

Last edited:
Because of family obligations, I probably would not have been able to make that game if it had been Saturday afternoon, Saturday night, or Sunday afternoon, although I would have tried.

That's how I knew that.
Thanks guys, I’m just beginning to plot and scheme how I might schedule my middle daughter’s baby shower on a date that would allow me to make this game. Thankfully my wife doesn’t read this site.

This year is my third year rocking the student section as a current student, but not only for MBB. I pretty much support every sport on campus. And this is a big year for me because this year, one of the games in the fall will mark my 200 all time game at St. John’s

Some of you have probably seen me around the Garden, Carnesecca, and UBS. I usually am rocking my trademark headband, starting chants in the student section. I’m usually in section 1 at the garden in the student section where the band is, At UBS I’m in the student section closest to the St. John’s bench, and at Carnesecca, I’m in the student section behind the St. John’s basket.

Some of you have probably seen me around the Garden, Carnesecca, and UBS. I usually am rocking my trademark headband, starting chants in the student section. I’m usually in section 1 at the garden in the student section where the band is, At UBS I’m in the student section closest to the St. John’s bench, and at Carnesecca, I’m in the student section behind the St. John’s basket.
Sounds like you bring the energy like sig ep does!!

Always thought you looked a little older for student section but you bring great energy

Attachments

• IMG_8342.jpeg
    IMG_8342.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 8
Always thought you looked a little older for student section but you bring great energy
Hahahaha, I always get that comment. When I tell people that I’m a student, they usually are like, “wtf. You look a little older” and all I can do is laugh. I just turned 20 in June. In Pitino we trust and We Are St. John’s. My energy has to do with the fact that for far too long, the students could not be relied on for homecourt advantage, but now you can rely on the student section. I also feel that the student body doesn’t show up to the other sports on campus, so I try to make the other sports feel like they have a one man student section (even though the parents most of the time join in with the chants)

Hahahaha, I always get that comment. When I tell people that I’m a student, they usually are like, “wtf. You look a little older” and all I can do is laugh. I just turned 20 in June. In Pitino we trust and We Are St. John’s. My energy has to do with the fact that for far too long, the students could not be relied on for homecourt advantage, but now you can rely on the student section. I also feel that the student body doesn’t show up to the other sports on campus, so I try to make the other sports feel like they have a one man student section (even though the parents most of the time join in with the chants)
Things sure have changed. In my student days there was enough fan support that the school chartered buses to away games, even regular season ones, not just NCAA games. Some of the NCAA away bus trips were epic. Back to back weekends non-stop to North Carolina in 1979 and trips to Notre Dame in 1976 (where we got to play undefeated and eventual National Champion Indiana in "neutral' South Bend). There was also a trip to West Lafayette Indiana to play Purdue......on their home court even though we had gotten a bye and were seeded higher. Needless to say, we lost to them. And a trip to William and Mary in 1973 where we 'borrowed' their Native American mascot symbol from their football stadium. Both institutions were not pleased. Also lost that one too. Sheesh.

So back on topic for this season, since no buses can make the trip to the Bahamas, I will be flying there.

In terms of the school trying to get more students out to games, the promotions are usually what do It. It’s still mind boggling to me how for the Big East Tournament, St. John’s doesn’t get a student section, but the other big east schools get a student section. We could’ve used a student section for the semifinal game against UConn, to at least not make it feel like the garden was in Storrs.

Back