2024/2025 Roster

If someone has the time and desire, I'd love to see an update on where we are at with roster, positions, and schollies - I always seem to find old info when trying to find. Also hoping this last burst of portal signings doesn't send any of our returning players to the portal.

If someone has the time and desire, I'd love to see an update on where we are at with roster, positions, and schollies - I always seem to find old info when trying to find. Also hoping this last burst of portal signings doesn't send any of our returning players to the portal.

Started this thread for this reason :)

We have 1 scholarship left for next year.

Starters:
G: Smith, Richmond
F/W: Luis, Scott
C: Ejafor

Bench:
G: Wilcher, Glover
F/W: Dunlap
C: Iwuchukwu

Extras: Maker, Liotopoulous, Ayo

Will be interesting to see how that starting lineup spaces the floor. Need improvement from 3 for Luis to go along with Scott and Smith. Richmond and Luis very strong to the hoop. Ejafor gets to be the garbageman, maybe take advantage of dishes from Richmond or defenses overcommitting to the perimeter. Very, very strong defensive team if Luis moves his feet some more.

Lots of shooting coming off the bench and a third ball-handler in Wilcher. Would obviously benefit from some more size, the last piece of the puzzle. On paper a very competitive team.
There is 0 chance we are starting Zuby. Iwuchukwu will be the starting center.

Sure about that?
Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Practices should really be competitive wars. It will be tough to keep everyone happy, but some of these guys can play multiple positions adding flexibility and time on court opportunities.

Yeah, we may not be a dead eye shooting team, but returnees may surprise in that regard. We don’t have a proven interior, but confident Zuby will improve. With no Omier or comparable power guy coming so far, Ledlum getting waiver seems important. Obviously staff may surprise us w someone, possibly a foreign inside guy.

Before we got Kadary, many of us wanted Dingle back. If that occurred, Sim not getting minutes his coach sort of promised him would suffer. It is one thing to be third wheel of top guard group, but not the fourth. I really want to see kids like Sim, Brady, Glover, Lefty stick around (as much as anyone does today) to give SJU a base v depending wholesale on portal mania. Thus, if Dingle moves on, that is ok in big picture imo.

Last edited:
Practices should really be competitive wars. It will be tough to keep everyone happy, but some of these guys can play multiple positions adding flexibility and time on court opportunities.

Yeah, we may not be a dead eye shooting team, but returnees may surprise in that regard. We don’t have a proven interior, but confident Zuby will improve. With no Omier or comparable power guy coming so far, Ledlum getting waiver seems important. Obviously staff may surprise us w someone, possibly a foreign inside guy.

Before we got Kadary, many of us wanted Dingle back. If that occurred, Sim not getting minutes his coach sort of promised him would suffer. It is one thing to be third wheel of top guard group, but not the fourth. I really want to see kids like Sim, Brady, Glover, Lefty stick around (as much as anyone does today) to give SJU a base v depending wholesale on portal mania. Thus, if Dingle moves on, that is ok in big picture imo.
I have a feeling that Smith and Kadary may butt heads at first. Reports are that Smith is a no nonsense dog. End of the day, RP will get them to fall in line. Both are big time facilitators. With Sim, best backcourt rotation we’ve had in some time.

I have a feeling that Smith and Kadary may butt heads at first. Reports are that Smith is a no nonsense dog. End of the day, RP will get them to fall in line. Both are big time facilitators. With Sim, best backcourt rotation we’ve had in some time.
I believe Sim can make "jump" in production... and seems to have all the tools... but he left A LOT of room for improvement following his freshman year. That showing against Seton Hall and not getting in vs UConn should have given him a TON of motivation this off-season

We are very fortunate to have these two not only seasoned... but very Productive guards commit to us.

I believe Sim can make "jump" in production... and seems to have all the tools... but he left A LOT of room for improvement following his freshman year. That showing against Seton Hall and not getting in vs UConn should have given him a TON of motivation this off-season

We are very fortunate to have these two not only seasoned... but very Productive guards commit to us.
100%. I am relying on RP’s comments about Sim and RP’s history of development in year 2. Based on that, I think Sim will be a big part of our success this year.

My gut feeling is that Dingle sued more to help Ledlum than to help himself. Think Rick would love another year of Dingle but suspect Dingle is ready to move on to the next level, wherever that may be.

Yes, this is not Mike Anderson trying to mesh Posh and Curbelo.
Posh and Curbelo were too similar in style, and height, for that to work.

Richmond is six inches taller than Smith, and plays more of a slashing style, while Smith is more of a shooter.

I expect Richmond to do most of the ball handling (especially once the ball is in the frontcourt), where he will penetrate and dish, often to Smith. Figure Smith defends the other team's point guard.

I also expect one of the two (at least) to be on the court at all times, except for late in blowout wins, obviously.

Back