2024/2025 Roster

If you had to choose one or the other, better chance of happening
1. Zuby averages 8 or more points
2. Zuby averages 6 or less points
Option 1, he averaged 4 in 11 mpg last year he should get double the playing time this year. Richmond and Smith alone should get him a few easy buckets a game I’d imagine. If his outside shot has developed you combine that with his motor he has a pretty high floor this year in my opinion. He’ll probably be the fifth option on offense as a starter which will limit him but his offensive rebounding still makes it a pretty safe bet.

Prey was our starting center IMO. I think this tilts the scale in Zuby’s favor.

Zuby will have a massive edge with a year under Pitino. Some of that could have been mitigated with an early arrival for Prey.
I agree to a certain extent Marillac2. I think , for the first time in a while, we have enough talent on this roster to overcome their late arrival and wait for them to catch up.

FC
I don’t see any chance of #2.
earlier today you thought prey might start at 5. What’s your ball park minute number?

I think better chance of 8 or more but don’t think there’s much chance of him averaging 10. So it’s a pretty small window for me.

Last edited:
FC

earlier today you thought prey might start at 5. What’s your ball park minute number?

I think better chance of 8 or more but don’t think there’s much chance of him averaging 10. So it’s a pretty small window for me.
I see a narrow range too, but he’ll get six just off FTs and one put back. Prey and Zuby can both play 20 mins.

Vince’s scoring plays from last year. Hes the biggest question mark of the rotation for me. Trying to keep expectations low and be pleasantly surprised with any contributions he gives. It’s nice to have a few different options up front depending on matchups.

Vince’s scoring plays from last year. Hes the biggest question mark of the rotation for me. Trying to keep expectations low and be pleasantly surprised with any contributions he gives. It’s nice to have a few different options up front depending on matchups.

Agreed, and hopeful he shows flashes as to why he was a 5-star out of HS.

If Zuby/Prey/Vince can all play some five -- not even including Maker -- the big difference from last year is that we'll have three guys who are athletic enough to do what our system entails. Hopefully that means more minutes and fresher legs at the end of games.

I'm not sure what to expect from Vince but I do expect him to be better than any of our 7 foot stiffs in this century. That bar is very low, but he should be able to block some shots, grab rebounds and provide a hard screen.

If Zuby/Prey/Vince can all play some five -- not even including Maker -- the big difference from last year is that we'll have three guys who are athletic enough to do what our system entails. Hopefully that means more minutes and fresher legs at the end of games.

I'm not sure what to expect from Vince but I do expect him to be better than any of our 7 foot stiffs in this century. That bar is very low, but he should be able to block some shots, grab rebounds and provide a hard screen.
I’m still holding out hope for Phil Wait’s sophomore leap

His only path to big minutes is through blocking shots. That is not something he has done in college so far.

But he hasn’t been coached by Pitino either. The optimist in me says Rick wouldn’t recruit a 7 footer he doesn’t think he can turn into a center fielder. The pessimist in me says 8-12 minutes for Vince.

Better chance of Vince averaging?
1. 16 minutes or more
2. 14 minutes or less

He’s 7’1”+ and very athletic and mobile for a guy his size. Seems to claim space around the glass and has a decent shot, i think Pitino will be able to get the most out of him with his size and athleticism. I don’t think he will become a force per se, but a 7 footer who can body up, rebound and make space for outback’s and offensive glass play. I saw how much Zuby improved under Pitino, I think Vince will be better if he’s healthy.

He’s 7’1”+ and very athletic and mobile for a guy his size. Seems to claim space around the glass and has a decent shot, i think Pitino will be able to get the most out of him with his size and athleticism. I don’t think he will become a force per se, but a 7 footer who can body up, rebound and make space for outback’s and offensive glass play. I saw how much Zuby improved under Pitino, I think Vince will be better if he’s healthy.
He gets good position under the basket. His team mates really looked for him. He's effective at cleaning up.

Back