2024/2025 Roster

In 11 minutes a game playing with and against older players. Context.

Top two scorers in the league last year were Markus Howard, a two time All-American from Marquette a few years ago and Kyle Guy, a former NBA second rounder who was also a two time AA from UVA who won the title.

Any stats from Prey in that league is impressive by the mere fact he played in it. Arenas with thousands of people, grown men playing, pro atmosphere on and off court.

Playing him limited minutes like Wilcher.
Ok, got it. I don't think I would call it antics Tom, but more a very well known aspect of his coaching style. Sim was not the first, and won't be the last freshman with limited minutes. I think all of our incoming freshmen are aware of how much time freshmen get to play for coach.

Ok, got it. I don't think I would call it antics Tom, but more a very well known aspect of his coaching style. Sim was not the first, and won't be the last freshman with limited minutes. I think all of our incoming freshmen are aware of how much time freshmen get to play for coach.
I saw a list of at least 10 frosh who averaged well over 20 mpg for coach over his career. Player specific. No doubt you have to earn it.

I saw a list of at least 10 frosh who averaged well over 20 mpg for coach over his career. Player specific. No doubt you have to earn it.
Yes, but we are in a new era where rosters get backfilled with 5th-years seniors as soon as the season ends.

It’s extremely unfair to freshmen and sophomores. Under the old model, Glover would be playing 25 mpg with all the departures.

Prey averaged 3 points and 3 rebounds last year in a team that finished 16-18.

Prey averaged 3 points and 3 rebounds last year in a team that finished 16-18... at 18 years old, in the second best basketball league in the world and playing against full grown former nba and euroleague players. Adding to that there was disciplinary issue that took him off the rotation and hampered his growth in the team.

I see him as a 3/4 and a major contributor. Will definitely play starter minutes imho.
starter minutes:
I just find it quite unusual that a coaching style would predetermine minutes played. Louie made the same mistake, likely killing any chance the '85 team had. Mike Moses should never had started over Mark Jackson.

Prey averaged 3 points and 3 rebounds last year in a team that finished 16-18... at 18 years old, in the second best basketball league in the world and playing against full grown former nba and euroleague players. Adding to that there was disciplinary issue that took him off the rotation and hampered his growth in the team.

'disciplinary issue that took him off the rotation and hampered his growth in the team'. No reason to mention this. I wasn't aware and some things are better left off unsaid.

Back