2024/2025 Roster

To your point about being seasoned. I believe Pitinos mentorship of Wilcher is key here. To be able to convince a kid that bringing in two very talented guards and have him believe that he will be an important part of the team is great coaching. Most kids would have felt slighted for being recruited over and left the program.
Much more a testament to Wilcher’s character, a reflection of his upbringing. Also, the confidence he has in his own ability.

Richmond avg 32.7 minutes and Smith averaged 29.5 min at respective schools last year.

Even if we looked at last year Pitino's favorite Jenkins only averaged 30.7.

Even if these guys play those same minutes here, still leaves 18-20 minutes for Wilcher in only a 2 guard lineup and possibly more in 3 man rotation. Lefty the Greek could chip into that but not expecting much especially as we've seen freshman struggle with Pitino and doesn't help that Lefty is missing time learning under Pitino.

Utah other PG went down after 16 games necessitating Smith to average big minutes, including 49 in 2OT game. First half of his season very different. And Kadary had to play big mins, he was all they got. They'll each play at least 10% lower than those averages on a deep team to keep the fresh.

Utah other PG went down after 16 games necessitating Smith to average big minutes, including 49 in 2OT game. First half of his season very different. And Kadary had to play big mins, he was all they got. They'll each play at least 10% lower than those averages on a deep team to keep the fresh.
I would certainly hope so

Essentially every scoring play from Scott during the last season. Very large dose of pick and up 3s incoming this year. Also nice to remember many believe his best attribute is his defense.

He’s not a waste getting his own buckets either. Not something we want to lean on, but nice counter to a reckless close out or if they want to overplay him on the perimeter.

Clip of Simeon’s scoring plays from freshmen year. IMO, our biggest X factor this season. If he’s ready for 20-25 minutes of high level play, our ceiling really rises. Hard to play “small ball” without 3 solid guards.

Relies a lot on the pullup J instead of taking it to the basket. Hope he tries to balance that out.

Clip of Simeon’s scoring plays from freshmen year. IMO, our biggest X factor this season. If he’s ready for 20-25 minutes of high level play, our ceiling really rises. Hard to play “small ball” without 3 solid guards.

All Simeon needs is to be consistent. His mid range game is his strength. It allows him to get the space he needs when shooting 3's and this year, I believe that he will have more opportunities to drive to the basket as MainMan pointed out. I believe that he will average at least 10 ppg this season.

Last edited:

This kid could absolutely blow up. His shooting will be needed big time from the backcourt. The 3 headed backcourt is our highest ceiling lineup.

Man Zuby just walking with the ball on that first play yikes lucky the refs don’t call travel nowadays.

Zuby’s scoring clips from last year. A highlight only showing his scoring really does him some injustice.

If I think Wilcher is the biggest key to raising or ceiling, I’d say Zuby is the biggest key in raising our floor. If he (and other 5s) can play at or above starter level BE 5, then we’ve got close to all the other pieces. I love this kid.

If you had to choose one or the other, better chance of happening
1. Zuby averages 8 or more points
2. Zuby averages 6 or less points

Back