2024/2025 Roster

On the episode I prefaced it with it is bold in the context that SJU hasn't won an NCAA tournament game in 24 years...so winning two...would be bold lol. Also they haven't really made the tournament in 10 years sans the play in game debacle.
Agree... with no Ws in 24 years... 2 wins fit into the "Bold" category.... Roger though... so the expectation of his would be we Finish 30-50 if his BOLD=Top 25....

On the episode I prefaced it with it is bold in the context that SJU hasn't won an NCAA tournament game in 24 years...so winning two...would be bold lol. Also they haven't really made the tournament in 10 years sans the play in game debacle.
I hear ya but If these guys mesh 2 wins in tournament should be expected I think.

Expectation last year was 35-45 & 10 seed in tourn. Slightly disappointed
Expectation this year is 25- 35, 7-8 seed in tourn & win minimum 1 game.

My bold is 5 seed, win 3 games in NCAA, Wilcher rises to 3rd leading scorer
And team is so deep that Richmond , smith & Scott graduating
Won’t leave a gaping hole with almost everyone else returning

Last edited:
I do love our optimism but it is very funny how some of us seem to think an NCAA birth and two wins which we haven’t done this century isn’t a bold bet. This tournament will be 10 years since we made the main field. Getting in and getting a win is the goal for me. It may seem like low expectations but given our history of being overrated preseason I would take that in a heartbeat and continue to grow.

I do love our optimism but it is very funny how some of us seem to think an NCAA birth and two wins which we haven’t done this century isn’t a bold bet. This tournament will be 10 years since we made the main field. Getting in and getting a win is the goal for me. It may seem like low expectations but given our history of being overrated preseason I would take that in a heartbeat and continue to grow.
Sensible

What has happened before means absolutely nothing to this year. It’s because we have Pitino in year 2 with a better put together team this year. No knock on last year. He pieced together what he could with the time he had.

I did say "unexpected"...but in a positive way. Like I said at the end of last season, the bar has to be set at a tourney bid. After that, it's gravy. Hopefully lots of gravy.

Back