2023-24 Roster

The only reason I hesitate to totally agree with Matt is Conway's age. He was an early recruit when even RP seemed unsure what kind of product he might be able to roll out there with the balls. But he brings some maturity and skills that will hopefully be useful at times. With QA now gone there's still gonna be at least 4 guys who are going to average single digit minutes at most playing in 2/3 of games at most (not counting garbage time in the multitude of blowouts they exact on their prey). Ayo, Drissa and Davis are obvious choices with Brady and Conway the options for the fourth and they could potential cannibalize each others minutes and both fall in that category depending on who's hot from 3 any given night. If they need that role to win games then maybe Conway leans into the lead based on experience. If they look at it as a developmental opportunity than maybe Brady does. They only thing I'm relatively sure of is that it's gonna be a fun wild ride finding out.

The only reason I hesitate to totally agree with Matt is Conway's age. He was an early recruit when even RP seemed unsure what kind of product he might be able to roll out there with the balls. But he brings some maturity and skills that will hopefully be useful at times. With QA now gone there's still gonna be at least 4 guys who are going to average single digit minutes at most playing in 2/3 of games at most (not counting garbage time in the multitude of blowouts they exact on their prey). Ayo, Drissa and Davis are obvious choices with Brady and Conway the options for the fourth and they could potential cannibalize each others minutes and both fall in that category depending on who's hot from 3 any given night. If they need that role to win games then maybe Conway leans into the lead based on experience. If they look at it as a developmental opportunity than maybe Brady does. They only thing I'm relatively sure of is that it's gonna be a fun wild ride finding out.
Dunlap looks bigger than he did in May. I'm ready to play him at PF 😁

Just that I like my power forwards bigger than 6’5 unlike you and Marillac who would probably find minutes for Bill Barty at PF 😉🤣
Marillac is going to like anyone at power forward shorter than him as long as they cant out drink him :)

Marillac used to be an angry person with Norm as coach and would fight anyone no matter how big. That's what he wants at the 4

Rick posted this on Twitter earlier……….

People every day keep asking me about my two freshmen. Brady Dunlap n Simeon Wilcher. I don't like their skills - I love them. PHD's × 2! Passionate, Hungry n Driven. Awesome young men to coach 💪❤️
I’m gonna say it but I think we are all still in shock about Simeon Wilcher. No real analysis of his game, nada on here. Kid is a stud and I think the fan base actually doesn’t know what to do with him at this point prospect-wise. We aren’t used to getting prospects like this but gonna be interesting to see if we just “bring him along” or if Pitino throws the keys at him at some point.

Last edited:
I’m gonna say it but I think we are all still in shock about Simeon Wilcher. No real analysis of his game, nada on here. Kid is a stud and I think the fan base actually doesn’t know what to do with him at this point prospect-wise. We aren’t used to getting prospects like this but gonna be interesting too if we just “bring him along” or if Pitino throws the keys at him at some point.
There’s really no need to with the amount of proven guys on the roster. I actually don’t see the freshman having a huge impact at least early on. Maybe they start to come on late but it’ll be tough this team is stacked right now. If I had to guess it’s the 6 seniors along with Luis, Taylor, and Ejiofor getting a majority of the minutes. Rick said 10 will play so that leaves one spot for the last 5 guys. Regardless of how it shakes out Wilcher and Dunlap should be in for big minutes next year if they stick around.

I’m gonna say it but I think we are all still in shock about Simeon Wilcher. No real analysis of his game, nada on here. Kid is a stud and I think the fan base actually doesn’t know what to do with him at this point prospect-wise. We aren’t used to getting prospects like this but gonna be interesting to see if we just “bring him along” or if Pitino throws the keys at him at some point.
We need Wilcher to be an absolute dog on defense more than anything. I don’t love what I saw from Dingle on that end, but he also was asked to do too much offensively.

How much Wilcher plays beyond 15 minutes will come down to his jumper.

Jenkins-Wilcher-Dingle-Ledlum-Zuby would be a nice race car lineup when Joel is resting that should produce a lot of easy baskets.

Figured I’d share this here:

Zach joined me on my podcast last night for a quick breakdown of all the portal signees and newcomers, including Ledlum. Only 22 minutes, so it’s not an all-day listen. Enjoy!

How I see it
Soriano
Ledlum
Taylor/ Luis
Alleyne
Dingle

Jenkins 3rd guard which is perfect for him
Zuby first / only big off bench
Two Frosh 9th and 10th men

I think LJSA was referencing the fact that he is a redshirt soph now (otherwise he'd be a junior) not that he is redhsirting this year which he couldn't do.

Yeah that’s the common way of making class designations on college rosters. Rosters typically label the class by years of eligibility. The “rs” added to signify they’ve been in a program for a year more than a typical sophomore. It is way more common in college football rosters, especially lineman, as it indicates they’ve been in the weightlifting program for an extra year.

Back