2023-2024 Schedule

I, for one, want to see us own MSG. Be one of the toughest tickets in town to get. Like 1985. Gotta reestablish MSG as St John’s floor. It’s the Mecca. It’s where every kid wants to play. I want to see beat downs of every opponent. I want to see us outdraw UCONN fans there during the Pitino era. As many games as possible at MSG.

Overly catered to!!! Really. The reason that so many games were at CA was because it was not economically feasible for the team to play more games at MSG because we don’t draw enough they’re not to cater to Long Islanders. 6:30 starts at CA is no picnic getting to as you fight traffic in the so-called “reverse commute” direction.

Barclays has the LIRR and nine subway lines that run there bringing you at worst across the street from the front entrance.

Depending on where you live, the worst can be anyone of the four for someone.

Barclay's unlike UBS was built for basketball, Hockey was an afterthought as seen by Islanders fleeing the Colusium and then getting UBS built for them.

MSG is the OLDEST NBA arena and people in the city and state are trying to get Idiot Boy to move to a new arena in the area. Idiot Boy inherited a sweet heart tax deal that goes back to 1968. The deal was supposed to end in 2013 and when Idiot Boy threatened move out of the City, the pols backed down (where would he go?). They extended the deal 10 years (2023). The deal has cost NYC $800,000,000. In addition, Penn Station is a dump, that they want renovate but can't because of the MSG Structure. Something to keep eyes on.Ergo, don't knock Barclay's as may need an alternative for a while until they finally rebuild MSG. (locations considered include the "Hooters block", other side og Moynitan Station or Hudson yards additional space.

I didn’t love UBS last year, but I was sitting behind the basket with all that extra space. Coming from NJ made the Friday night commute a nightmare going out there, and prices for food and beer were higher than MSG. Having said all that, I’d be willing to give it another shot.

Barclays is equally difficult to get to, but worth it once in awhile and is a great place to see a game. And since I’m from Brooklyn originally, it’s always fun going back there.

MSG is the easiest for me to get to, and it’s an amazing place to see a game, as we all know. This whole argument about location is oftentimes just tied to where our own home is and our commute. I’d prefer we not have so many home locations, so I don’t think UBS should be home unless it’s replacing Carnesecca either permanently or while a new on campus facility is being built.

I didn’t love UBS last year, but I was sitting behind the basket with all that extra space. Coming from NJ made the Friday night commute a nightmare going out there, and prices for food and beer were higher than MSG. Having said all that, I’d be willing to give it another shot.

Barclays is equally difficult to get to, but worth it once in awhile and is a great place to see a game. And since I’m from Brooklyn originally, it’s always fun going back there.

MSG is the easiest for me to get to, and it’s an amazing place to see a game, as we all know. This whole argument about location is oftentimes just tied to where our own home is and our commute. I’d prefer we not have so many home locations, so I don’t think UBS should be home unless it’s replacing Carnesecca either permanently or while a new on campus facility is being built.
I don’t understand why they can’t just center the court at UBS and just add floor seats on each side to make everything symmetrical.

This is an "awful" place to watch basketball? Looks perfectly fine to me. Can someone explain what is awful about it. Maybe I'd be mad if I was sitting behind that one basket that is further away from the action but... other than that idk View attachment 724
I went to the Kansas game in December of 2021 at the UBS arena and thought that it was a fine place to see a game. Paying the outrageous fee for parking was not for me, but I was able to park on the street and walk in to the arena from there. Barclay's is pretty accessible by Public transportation, but if you are not sitting in the lower bowl then you are in purgatory. As arena designs go it is pretty much a disaster and if you are a person of size, then the seating is extremely uncomfortable. MSG is still by far and away the best arena in the area and one of the best arenas anywhere. It still carries tremendous cachet and it is part of SJU tradition to call it our home court. If you love NYC then having a game in the heart of Manhattan is a pretty big deal. BTW it made me really sad to watch the NIT final last night being played in Las Vegas.

Barclay's unlike UBS was built for basketball, Hockey was an afterthought as seen by Islanders fleeing the Colusium and then getting UBS built for them.

MSG is the OLDEST NBA arena and people in the city and state are trying to get Idiot Boy to move to a new arena in the area. Idiot Boy inherited a sweet heart tax deal that goes back to 1968. The deal was supposed to end in 2013 and when Idiot Boy threatened move out of the City, the pols backed down (where would he go?). They extended the deal 10 years (2023). The deal has cost NYC $800,000,000. In addition, Penn Station is a dump, that they want renovate but can't because of the MSG Structure. Something to keep eyes on.Ergo, don't knock Barclay's as may need an alternative for a while until they finally rebuild MSG. (locations considered include the "Hooters block", other side og Moynitan Station or Hudson yards additional space.

The LIRR level of Penn Station has been renovated (with work starting late in 2020) to include a new entrance to;/from 7th Avenue, new elevator and stairs near the same area, a wider concourse and raised ceiling. It looks totally different and is no longer a dump. Renovation and of the other level is also under development and you don’t have to raze MSG to do it unless you are trying to build a structure on its site (if you want to put such a structure on the ordinal Penn Station footprint, you would need to also tear down One and Two Penn Plaza which are currently undergoing major renovations).

The Tax break is an issue but I don’t be so certain MSG is going to move (for the fourth time), although the Theatre portion may be incorporated into the next renovation/redevelopment phase of Penn Station.

I would like to see more games as MSG but also would like to see at least one game each year at Barclays and USB as after all, we are ”New York’s Team”.

And from what I understand they would be willing to curtain off the top tier if necessary

1 game at each of barclays/UBS is fine, but attendance is usually poorer at those venues (drew less than 10k for kansas and barclays games in the past have been really bad) and neither has the cache or atmosphere of MSG. also, if we're going to have less than 10k in attendance anyway, then the atmosphere at CA does provide a bit of an advantage to the team I think.
Kansas attendance was decent…Keep in mind Kansas was nit in season ticket package

At the time the mass transit options were not fully in place…wonder if that is a non issue now

I went to Notre Dame vs St. Bonaventure at UBS on Thanksgiving Friday and there were 5200 fans for not exactly a marquee matchup. We can easily do much better than that.

LIRR station is now open at ubs with direct service from Penn and grand central. In addition, you can take it from eastern Long Island. Direct service from mineola or Huntington etc

At the time the mass transit options were not fully in place…wonder if that is a non issue now
Yeah, I‘m sure that would all help. Not to mention the parking was still under construction. I’m not complaining, just comparing. I have many friends who aren’t within an hour of their favorite team. We are. And they don’t have Rick Pitino coaching. We do.

We all love our team. Clearly, since we‘re on here even though our team’s results have been mediocre to awful for a long time. My days at the school are the same as Malik Sealy (my favorite player). I may change my avatar, but seeing Malik hurts a lot. I choose D’Angelo because he always brought the intensity that I want to see in our players. And Posh was the same for me. Anyway, we are St John’s

mike Cragg said on a recent podcast they expect to be at capacity or over capacity for Carnesecca so that’s why ubs is being explored. It’s too late in the game for msg but ubs allows them to make more $$ by selling more tickets

mike Cragg said on a recent podcast they expect to be at capacity or over capacity for Carnesecca so that’s why ubs is being explored. It’s too late in the game for msg but ubs allows them to make more $$ by selling more tickets
And I get that, but how many “home” baskets do we need to shoot at? I can’t accept that it’s good for the program to have 3 or 4 home courts. Two homes is enough

From what I heard Barclays is not being considered a home court. MSG scheduling occurs years in advance so it is difficult to add a majority of the games there next year. I think the thought the following year all conference games will be there. This is just a short term solution for next year until msg is available more.

The next complaint will be when ticket prices go up. And in my opinion, people have nothing to complain about.

“NEWS: Matchups are set for 2023 Big East-Big 12 Battle, per sources.

UConn at Kansas
Texas at Marquette
Houston at Xavier
Villanova at Kansas St
SJU at WVU
Creighton at Oklahoma St
PC at OU
Iowa St at DePaul
TT at Butler
TCU at Georgetown
SHU at Baylor”

Per Rothstein on twitter